PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2006, 02:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Azrael is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Azrael
*strangles Mike/Admin guy here*

I used Mike/Admin's tweak on making the PPC use TCMP as default setting for all my glorious media purposes, and by doing so...it screwed up my WMP somehow. (not yer fault, Mikey...it's mine.javascript:emoticon('')
Laughing after all - I've always said if there's a computer problem, usually it's 90% user fault!)

"How so?" you ask?

Well under 'programs', it's still listed in there, but the icon is all screwy, and when I want to run it, it'll say:

"The program cannot be opened. either it's not signed with a trust certificate, or one of the components cannot be found. you might need to reinstall or restore this file".

However, if I go under 'file explorer', and find an avi file, it'll still show that wmp icon on it, and when I run it, it'll load up wmp application as if there's no problem at all. javascript:emoticon('')
Shocked

What's goin on here kids? lol Any insight here is appreciated, and I would still like to utilize wmp and tcmp.

Thanks guys,javascript:emoticon(':P')
Razz

James
Old 11-24-2006, 02:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

Azrael is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Azrael
bah...these stupid, wonky smiley faces will be the death of me!

sorry about my foul ups gang!
Old 11-24-2006, 02:29 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Uninstall/reinstall TCMP?
Old 11-24-2006, 04:56 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
Re: *strangles Mike/Admin guy here*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael
I used Mike/Admin's tweak on making the PPC use TCMP as default setting for all my glorious media purposes
Well that .cab just done a reg change and doesnt touch wmp so I dont think thats ur issue. I simply made it into a .cab because some users dont like to do reg edits themselves. The .cab can be uninstalled and it will remove the settings and restore to what it was before.
~Mike

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives