PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2007, 08:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800
Carrier: Sprint

knightrida_01 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint putting the unecessary contract extentions to rest

=D>I was on Buzz About Wireless earlier and saw a press release saying that from now on if you make those simple changes that we all have to make to our plans from time to time, Sprint will not throw another 2 years onto your sentence... I mean contract. What a relief.=D>
Now if they could only get their customer service situation under control, I'll be a happy camper.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800

SoccaBoi is a n00b
i think they are working on the cs. a new ceo change is in the works. so we'll hopefully see the differences sometime soon.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:22 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP
'Bout time! I fear even calling Sprint due to the fact that speaking with someone may lock me in for 2 more years. I've been with them for 7 years, and I've still got 22 months to go on my contract. Ridiculous.

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
Old 11-21-2007, 11:32 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
If you go to your account and then click in change plan there should be a little banner that says you don't have to extend your contract when changing plans. I also asked a rep on their chat while I was browsing for a new plan.

I then called CS and ended up getting unlimited SMS and 50 more minutes for the same price. No, I didn't get them for free... but I used to have a Fair & Flexible plan + Sprint Mobile to Mobile + 300 SMS for a price. Now for the same price you can get a Power Pack Plan that already has unlimited mobile to mobile and add unlimited SMS for $10.

I haven't been able to get SERO, but I am happy I have unlimited SMS as this was a killer for me...

I made sure I asked several times if there was a contract extension and she said no.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 11-21-2007, 12:41 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Weird... I am on a F&F plan from last year - and the "Sprint Power Pack Family Plan" costs exactly the same as my plan, for the same 550 minutes, with the same features.

You musta had one heck of an old plan...

Still, great news on the no contract for plan change thing.

According to SprintUsers.com, you can possible get three numbers unlimited calling soon (already?) as well. It's replacing the sprint-to-home thing (which was basically one number unlimited calling) you could get for free with Sprint LD on your home phone.

I have a heck of a time using my pool of minutes with three lines - since 90% of the calls are M2M or to/from home, and half of the rest are N/W free
Old 11-21-2007, 01:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

kilmarac is becoming a great contributor
Pibe, how come you havent been able to get SERO? I have the SERO F&F, gives me 500 anytime minutes, unlimited Night and Weekend Minutes after 7pm, Unlimited Sprint to Sprint, and Unlimited Text and Data.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:28 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilmarac View Post
Pibe, how come you havent been able to get SERO? I have the SERO F&F, gives me 500 anytime minutes, unlimited Night and Weekend Minutes after 7pm, Unlimited Sprint to Sprint, and Unlimited Text and Data.
SERO is really designed for new customers, I've tried switching to it, but you need to be lucky with the agent you get. So far, every agent I get has told me I'd have to terminate my contract, pay ETF, and get a new number in order to get SERO.

I'll have to keep trying until I get a cool agent that will allow me to switch.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

deviant.ones is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardeviant.ones is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardeviant.ones is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
It's all about crunching numbers with the sero plan. For me having 13 months left on my shitty plan even with paying an ETF I still saved about $300 over that 13month period by switching. And on top of that another 50 bucks or so for the free phone you get when you sign up. And if you want the same number what you do is buy a boost mobile phone or any prepaid phone that lets you port numbers in and have your sprint number sent there. Once that is done then when your half way through signing up with SERO it has an option for porting in a number as long as it isn't sprint. For my it cost 20 bucks or so for one of those phones at circle K and only took a few hours to do the whole process.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:06 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
It should also be mentioned that come Spring 2008, Sprint will also be enabling pro-rated ETFs.

So for somone like Pibe, that is even better. Basically, he'd only pay part of the ETF depending on how little time he has left on his contract--the more time, the more money; less time, less money.

Sprint will be the last carrier to do this. A friend recently did a pro-rated ETF on Verizon (I think he paid like $30) and signed up for Sprint SERO and a $99 Centro. Needless to say it was well worth it.

Of course the *real* reason for pro-rated ETF's and no-contract renewal for switching plans is the threat of continued lawsuits and more importantly, the threat of Congressional intervention as people are becoming more and more aware of the predatory and feature-limiting behavior of U.S. carriers (see Mossberg's comparison of U.S. carriers to "Soviet Ministries"--ouch).

Last edited by Malatesta; 11-21-2007 at 07:09 PM.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6900

Mikeschevelle is just getting started
You poor souls. Sprint differs from all other carriers becuase when they screw up you can use that against them. My roomate has cingular and the month that they quit giving out detailed billing he got an 800 dollar bill and cingular told him to pay it or they were taking him to collections. For me with sprint when they trip up i just toss in a few well placed snood displeasurements and am to the point where i got a free Touch and a SERO plan.

You guys with sprint need to look at sprint problems as an opportunity not a headache

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives