PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2010, 09:38 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

nmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool Play music collection on PPC via LALA !

Register for free at www.lala.com

How do I add the music I already own to my collection?
To listen to the music you already own from your Lala collection, install the Music Mover software on your PC.

Music Mover will then find all of the songs on your computer. If a song on your computer matches Lala’s licensed catalog, it will instantly be added to your online collection. The remaining songs that were not matched will then begin uploading to your collection behind the scenes.

Then fire up Skyfire on your PPC and after logging in you will be able to stream your complete music collection for free via Lala !!

Tested on Touch Pro 2 with Sprint using custom Rom.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:47 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP
Re: Play music collection on PPC via LALA !

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmhusa View Post
Register for free at www.lala.com

How do I add the music I already own to my collection?
To listen to the music you already own from your Lala collection, install the Music Mover software on your PC.

Music Mover will then find all of the songs on your computer. If a song on your computer matches Lala’s licensed catalog, it will instantly be added to your online collection. The remaining songs that were not matched will then begin uploading to your collection behind the scenes.

Then fire up Skyfire on your PPC and after logging in you will be able to stream your complete music collection for free via Lala !!

Tested on Touch Pro 2 with Sprint using custom Rom.
Thanks for the details. I guess I didn't see this explanation in your other post (maybe it was there and I wasn't paying attention?) but you've thoroughly explained how it works.

Thanks for sharing.

Best regards,
-Mark
Old 01-15-2010, 11:47 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Threadstarter

nmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Smile Re: Play music collection on PPC via LALA !

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
Thanks for the details. I guess I didn't see this explanation in your other post (maybe it was there and I wasn't paying attention?) but you've thoroughly explained how it works.

Thanks for sharing.

Best regards,
-Mark
NP. The key element in this setup is that unlike ORB it will play music that you own from it's own servers and not require your PC at home to be running. Also, unlike Pandora, it lets your play individual songs and not simply radio streams of music that you do not own. It has the best features of ORB, Pandora and Grooveshark rolled into one with the added benefit of access to all the music you own without needing a whopping MP3 drive or running your PC 24/7.

Additionally it works on my TP2 via Skyfire. As it needs Flash 10 it does not work with Opera or IE. On the plus side it does not need an App as of now. Some enterprising soul on PPCGeeks or XDA might one day take a stab at that.

Last edited by nmhusa; 01-15-2010 at 11:54 AM.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mclife is becoming a great contributor

"Listen to any song or album once for free."

Just FYI to everyone that the songs that are licensed can only be played once for free. If you want unlimited listening to a licensed song, its 10 cents per song. That's a major drawback to ORB/Grooveshark IMO where you have unlimited access to your own collection.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:01 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Do we really need another thread?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=106402

Its not exactly groundbreaking technology. This can be done already a number of ways.

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!

Last edited by Hypnotic2010; 01-15-2010 at 05:07 PM.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives