PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   News Archives (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Sprint 2010 Line Up (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=105339)

shortbus182 01-09-2010 06:10 PM

Re: Sprint 2010 Line Up

Quote:

Originally Posted by newone757 (Post 1474373)

I really could care less about wi-max as I live in a suburban area, and don't forsee Sprint dumping the money for the wi-max upgrade in my area any time soon. With that said, I am still hoping for a good android phone..possibly the nexus one. I did own a hero, and liked it, but returned it due to the fact it is still using the same processor as my diamond.

SPRINT...GIVE US SOME GOOD PHONES, OR YOU WILL LOOSE MANY, MANY CUSTOMERS!!!

newone757 01-09-2010 10:03 PM

i could care less about wimax either. i just want a big powerful workhorse from sprint and that htc was the one glimmer of hope. *sigh

jamess661 01-09-2010 11:50 PM

Does it look like sprint wont get the nexus one or is that just me and if they dont who would be to blame google or sprint? And why would google have one on there website that vzw will be getting it in spring do thay care about sprint subscribers. If its all about money would it not make sence to make a cdma verison for sprint or will the verizon version be unlock so that it can run on sprint? Does anyone have love for sprint or not?

jamess661 01-10-2010 12:01 AM

Oh and one more thing does anyone here plan or leaving sprint giving the fumbling of the football at ces this year for not having any shade of a highend handset? Well wait if you believe the leaked 2010 line up then maybe one htc 4g phone coming sometime who knows maybe before dec 21 2012 if were all still alive? Anyone

jmstansell 01-10-2010 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wannawhat31 (Post 1474323)
I really want a new windows mobile device..I haven't upgraded from my touch because sprint is only offering the tp2...the keyboard isn't something I like. how is t-mobiles service? I use the simply everything plan and its fantastic, I almost always have 3g coverage and don't want to lose that for a higher quality winmo phone.

In my personal opinion, T-mobile's 3g sucks...I live in the Atlanta area and my co-worker just got a MyTouch and Sprint's 3g on my TP runs circles around his phone... the only thing that I like about the MyTouch, their version of the Hero, is the size of the screen...

ahbroody 01-10-2010 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamess661 (Post 1475399)
Oh and one more thing does anyone here plan or leaving sprint giving the fumbling of the football at ces this year for not having any shade of a highend handset? Well wait if you believe the leaked 2010 line up then maybe one htc 4g phone coming sometime who knows maybe before dec 21 2012 if were all still alive? Anyone

So much QQ's around here. I dont envy the mods.

Who are you planning on going to for your 4g coverage? If you even have a chance in the next year its Sprint only. As far as I know Wimax is up and running with users in major areas and expanding to even more this year. Verizon and ATT dont even have a single market using 4g. I believe just testing and not in many areas. Sprint made the smart choice with Wimax and I think you will see that in the future. You really think Verizon and ATT are going to get markets up and running and a single handset on the market before the end of the year? Hell They may get a market up and a aircard out. May.

So that means if Sprint even gets out a handset they won that race. Once one is out more will follow. Of course people here will just Bitch that it doesnt have this feature and that feature. All while paying considerably less then ATT with better coverage or Verizon with similar coverage.

You are right Sprint didnt play its hand at all as to handsets. There is rumor of a new Palm device this year and I believe it. Verizon and ATT are just getting last years. Rumor of some new HTC handsets one 4g. As for me I am sticking right here with my great coverage, great data, great monthly bill. Do I have the latest new ultra super cool handset? Nope. But my phone works were Tbag mobile and ATT dont. I pay a hell of a lot less then VZW who really doesnt have a phone I want.

OOO and I played with the my buddies nexus one. I will pass. easily. The HD2 that makes me sad. The Nexus no.
S

tr0s 01-10-2010 02:36 AM

see that part that worries me with sprint's failure to impress at CES this year is that while they do have the only 4g network up and running they are still hemorraging customers left and right... at&t has the deeper pockets and between them and t-mobile the gsm 4g has a lot of backing. not to mention the "rumor" that verizon is jumping ship to gsm in the near future, this leaves sprint with the only cdma 4g network. once verizon shuts down their cdma, (pretty far down the road), the off-network coverage that i do get from verizon and the old alltel towers will be no more. it just seems that sprint is going to become the one man wimax show. don't get me wrong, i'm extremely happy with my sprint service and my tp2... but losing customers and becoming the lone national provider on the cdma network doesn't look too good for their future.

drizztzou 01-10-2010 02:41 AM

I don't like Android, a TP3 will be my next cell phone :)

Ticklemepinks 01-10-2010 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drizztzou (Post 1475763)
I don't like Android, a TP3 will be my next cell phone :)

LOL good luck on this TP3 comin out anytyme soon hun

saibot 01-11-2010 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HChristianS (Post 1472683)
Umm. Verizon gets them anyways.

Not always and if they do it may take them a while. Besides why would I want to pay more for Verizon's service?

Wasn't the point anyway to start a Sprint v. Verizon flame war. Just why wait for something that's already been out? Each provider will have something new. A lot of Verizon fanboys lately.