PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 03:55 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NEXUS ONE to Verizon in spring

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
There he goes "Defending his carrier again..." LOL.

J/K. Seriously, that's totally understandable. People choose their carrier for various reasons.
LMAO, touche . I'm really trying to prove it's more about personal preference and what works best for each individual than anything. I did basically say that I would dump Verizon in a heartbeat and pay even more for a provider that had better coverage . If Sprint even offered equal coverage and had lower prices I would ditch Big Red for Sprint as well. So there

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 01-06-2010, 10:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

I am just waiting for Gizmo5 to begin taking customers again. It will probably be part of Google Voice, and I will port my number to GV, and just use one of those mifi units to have signal when I'm not at the house. I will then be able to by any phone from any carrier, as long as that platform supports wi-fi, and google voice. I won't need to worry about wireless technologies, because I will be going through wi-fi, which is the same everywhere.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
LMAO, touche . I'm really trying to prove it's more about personal preference and what works best for each individual than anything. I did basically say that I would dump Verizon in a heartbeat and pay even more for a provider that had better coverage . If Sprint even offered equal coverage and had lower prices I would ditch Big Red for Sprint as well. So there
Yup. lol. I could say the same thing about Verizon. I'll be the first to admit that it has better coverage. If they lowered their rates, I'd switch in a heartbeat. But as it stands, my Sprint coverage is fine so I choose to go with better rates.

Also originally my posts were simply about saying that it doesn't make sense to say that Sprint let their customers down again for not getting the Nexus. Verizon got it probably because it is bigger and had more to offer Google.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH

wannawhat31 is a n00b

I have sprint and personally I have 3g everywhere I go. N I cannot see how android is better than winmo. With apps like Skyfire, Opera Mini, Wisbar Advance, Nitrogen, etc I can never see myself switching.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:27 PM
That guy with the axe

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannawhat31 View Post
I have sprint and personally I have 3g everywhere I go. N I cannot see how android is better than winmo. With apps like Skyfire, Opera Mini, Wisbar Advance, Nitrogen, etc I can never see myself switching.
I used to say the same exact thing, but then I tried Android, and in my opinion, Android is better than WM in every aspect. I'm not here to sell Android though, or Verizon either. If you don't want to look into Android objectively, then it's your loss, not mine. I do understand your perspective though, I personally won't give the iPhone a chance because I hate apple.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:10 AM
VIP Member

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
I used to say the same exact thing, but then I tried Android, and in my opinion, Android is better than WM in every aspect. I'm not here to sell Android though, or Verizon either. If you don't want to look into Android objectively, then it's your loss, not mine. I do understand your perspective though, I personally won't give the iPhone a chance because I hate apple.
Your posts totally crack me up. LOL. You laugh at people staunchly defend their carrier... but you like defending Verizon.

You tell Winmo users that it's their loss when they totally dismiss Android... but you totally dismiss the iPhone.

Not a criticism... just classic stuff. LOL.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:22 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

The iPhone is the iPhone. It does what it does.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:21 AM
That guy with the axe

Quote:
Your posts totally crack me up. LOL. You laugh at people staunchly defend their carrier... but you like defending Verizon.

You tell Winmo users that it's their loss when they totally dismiss Android... but you totally dismiss the iPhone.

Not a criticism... just classic stuff. LOL.
I'm not really defending Verizon, but if you look at their coverage map, and compare it to Sprints, they obviously have more coverage. Take it a step further and look at the area where I live (Lubbock Tx) There is absolutely no 3g coverage anywhere near here with Sprint. Would you be with Sprint if your area was completely Edge coverage? It's not even my opinion, it is a fact, that if you want 3g coverage where I live, Verizon is the best. As far as the iphone goes, ya, thats just totally personal opinion and stubbornness . I do at least usually label my opinions as such, instead of claiming them to be fact
Old 01-07-2010, 05:30 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
I'm not really defending Verizon, but if you look at their coverage map, and compare it to Sprints, they obviously have more coverage. Take it a step further and look at the area where I live (Lubbock Tx) There is absolutely no 3g coverage anywhere near here with Sprint. Would you be with Sprint if your area was completely Edge coverage? It's not even my opinion, it is a fact, that if you want 3g coverage where I live, Verizon is the best. As far as the iphone goes, ya, thats just totally personal opinion and stubbornness . I do at least usually label my opinions as such, instead of claiming them to be fact
No prob... I've already said I totally get what you say about Verizon. No need to explain it again. And also, I don't think people really need to defend who they are going with... it's all subjective anyways.

Your last post about Android and the iphone just made me laugh, that's all.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:33 AM
That guy with the axe

Quote:
No prob... I've already said I totally get what you say about Verizon. No need to explain it again. And also, I don't think people really need to defend who they are going with... it's all subjective anyways.

Your last post about Android and the iphone just made me laugh, that's all.
I didnt take it as a personal attack I can sometimes be pretty opinionated lol, but I'm not afraid to admit it

Edit: I can actually have an unbiased convo on WM vs. Android, but I do personally feel Android is better. When it comes to the iPhone though, all bets are off lol.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives