PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2009, 12:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

gutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint will update Andriod devices to 2.1

Sprint will update Android devices to firmware 2.1
According to a new Tweet from Sprint, the carrier's Android devices will update in the next couple of months from firmware 1.5 to 2.1, skipping over 1.6 and 2.0 completely.

Says the Twitter update: "Slight clarification on Android OS updates for the HTC Hero & Samsung Moment. Will be updating straight to Android 2.1, not 2.0, in 1H2010."

2.1, shown off most resently on the Nexus One, will have "3D elements," animated backgrounds, a webOS-like pull-out app and preview tray, as well as more home screens among other improvements
Old 12-19-2009, 01:11 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Sprint will update Andriod devices to 2.1

why would they skip a version or two????

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 12-19-2009, 07:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

acts is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtney1985 View Post
why would they skip a version or two????
well, given the time it takes them to roll it out, by the time they roll 2.1 out, we'll probably be beyond that :P

i mean, look at it this way, can you imagine them rolling out 1.6 then finally 2.0 and 2.1, while phones will be coming out with 2.0 and 2.1 already?
Old 12-19-2009, 07:34 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions

got cha.....so looks like they are just behind on releasing new versions.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini
Carrier: Sprint

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff

Yeah, new Android versions are coming out unusually fast. Wonder what they'll be up to whenever Sprint finally provides the 2.1 update, 2.5 maybe? Droid's developing so quickly it's as refreshing as it is frightening! Refreshing, because it might someday be able to do what WinMo does for me now. Frightening, because Google is becoming Big Brother (of 1984, a book that was required reading at my highschool).
Old 12-19-2009, 11:52 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!

I'm thinking hard about getting the HTC Eris. It's beautiful and runs so smooth! I do love my WM though......hard decisions.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:34 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

personally im not so sure I am going to be able to wait for winmo 7...
Old 12-20-2009, 12:47 AM
Droidgeek
Pocket PC: Rooted MotoDroid w/mish mash of ROMs
Carrier: Verizon

banden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtney1985 View Post
I'm thinking hard about getting the HTC Eris. It's beautiful and runs so smooth! I do love my WM though......hard decisions.
For the price you just can't go wrong with the Eris... I wish they had the Sense UI for the Motorola Droid.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:32 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!

Guess each one is going to be unique in its own way. I read about it here.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:36 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

my wife will be really happy because her moment is starting to get really buggy.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives