PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Motorola Q (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Opera Mini for Moto Q9c? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=98306)

HTC Touch-Pro 11-23-2009 11:11 PM

Opera Mini for Moto Q9c?

Hi everyone,

Just got a new Motorola Q9c in the mail today (warranty replacement), and I am having a VERY hard time getting Opera Mini to work; Opera's website says version 4 works the best, but I am unsure whether or not the new 4.2 or beta v.5 would work?

My problem is, when I visit the mobile direct-download site on Opera.com from the phone, it says "File cannot be viewed on this device," so I cannot download the program (not sure if it is a .cab or something?)

How can I download Opera Mini to the Q using the PC -> Phone approach? I don't know how to use ActiveSync to get programs onto a Smartphone... THANKS!

PS: On the Opera Mini website, they list a .jar and another file extension for some reason, not sure which one to download.

info[]box1 11-23-2009 11:19 PM

Re: Opera Mini for Moto Q9c?

i not sure if this will help or not but try this link...

ftp://ftp.opera.com/pub/opera/winmobile/

HTC Touch-Pro 11-23-2009 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by info[]box1 (Post 1356385)
i not sure if this will help or not but try this link...

ftp://ftp.opera.com/pub/opera/winmobile/

Thanks a lot, I will try it now - from the phone or from my PC?

What's the process of installing software from PC to Phone using Sync? THANKS again! :)

HTC Touch-Pro 11-23-2009 11:30 PM

It took me to this page (via my PC that is) and there are a lot of folders to choose from - kind of confused. I downloaded a .jar file to my desktop, I wonder how to use Sync to get it on the Moto Q9c?

info[]box1 11-23-2009 11:32 PM

those are .cab files that you can install straight thru the mobile browser. just email the link to your device.

HTC Touch-Pro 11-24-2009 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by info[]box1 (Post 1356450)
those are .cab files that you can install straight thru the mobile browser. just email the link to your device.

I gave it a shot and it ended up downloading like a charm, except it downloaded the new beta 10 mobile browser, which is only for touch screen enabled devices.

Maybe I am missing the folder for Opera Mini 4.2 or beta 5? Thanks for all your help :)

info[]box1 11-24-2009 09:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
try this...

bawss561 11-24-2009 10:16 AM

can someone please tell help me fix my internet back on my motorola q9m flashed to metropcs. i updated it and it resets itself automatically and my internet doesn't work anywore.

HTC Touch-Pro 11-24-2009 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by info[]box1 (Post 1357213)
try this...

Thank you so much, I'm going to try it today...

I wonder what the difference(s) is between the TP, and the Motorola Q9c, since their both running Windows 6.1 (aside from the TP being a lot more powerful). The TP can directly install Opera Mobile 10 beta from the internal browser, but it's like pulling teeth with the Motorola Q9c :(

thecheet 11-24-2009 08:46 PM

Motorola q9c you have to install a java app like JBED. So if you want to run opera mini install JBED/ESMERTEC and the opera mini jar files.