PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2009, 02:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Bell Touch, Alltel Touch Pro, PPC6800 & MotoQ on metroPCS
Carrier: metroPCS

81344songz is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Custom ROM on Motorola Q *Project*

I think you should focus mainly on the original Q then move forward, because the original Q is the one in most need of the upgrade.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

This Should Be a Sticky
Old 05-12-2009, 06:07 PM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

Yes the orginal Q is my main focus, but once I figure that out. then I will have the stardard down and it will work on the others has well.

but yes, the orginal Q is my main focus. I am charging up 2 batteries for them now, so I can get everything tested and going. I will be flashing the first trial run tomw morning to see how everything goes. for now I will just be flashing the same stock rom. and from there start to porting it. But what i need to do first is to make sure that I can rebuild a stock rom without an issue.

so that is my next step, and I will be doing that when I get off wrok tomw morning.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:02 PM
MIA
Threadstarter

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

Well good news, I have found out some interesting things with the Motorola Files. and I have been able to recreate the stock roms. so I can dump the stock roms and I can rebuild them. and flash them back to the Q and have everything work. So It is close and this will be a realty.

Right now this is not really a streamlined way of building for them, but once I get stuff going, I will post screenshots and I will also post a file and kitchen up with details how everyone can do it.

But I am getting really close on this now. so this has been a good day.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Can I ask for a favor?
Quote:
Originally Posted by conflipper View Post
Well good news, I have found out some interesting things with the Motorola Files. and I have been able to recreate the stock roms. so I can dump the stock roms and I can rebuild them. and flash them back to the Q and have everything work. So It is close and this will be a realty.

Right now this is not really a streamlined way of building for them, but once I get stuff going, I will post screenshots and I will also post a file and kitchen up with details how everyone can do it.

But I am getting really close on this now. so this has been a good day.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:32 PM
MIA
Threadstarter

Feel free to ask, I will try my best to awnser it. I might not get to it right away, but I will do my best. I need to catch some sleep today. I will have to see,

but feel free to ask any questions or anything.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TouchPro2
Carrier: at&t/sprint

remydakid is keeping up the good workremydakid is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to remydakid

sounds good con, is it gonna still gonna be WM5?
Old 05-14-2009, 06:47 AM
MIA
Threadstarter

I know there was some confusiion has if this will bring 6.0 and 6.1 and 6.5 to the orginal Q, and I am going to bring at least 6.0, will get 6.1 shoudnt be a big deal. and 6.5 I will try but I can not promise much of anything at this point.

But yes it will bring 6.0 to the orginal q.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

typo lad is just getting started

Is there somewhere we can donate in appreciation once this is done? 6 on my Q would be worth something.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:35 AM
MIA
Threadstarter

i will not take donations, i do this for a hobby and cause i love doing it, and because of that. i will not accept aanything. i already have one other person that has offered a Q for me to use has a test device, so that alone is more then i could have asked for. its time this happened on the Q i had that device when it was first out, and i was really hoping for wm6, and then when it never happen, i was sad, and everywhere i read, rthey said it cant be done, that if there is no official rom, then it cant be done, and so i feel now like although late, this can still be done, and that it will help othere.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q