PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2007, 03:19 PM
Lurker

Gadgetgirl is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Gadgetgirl Send a message via MSN to Gadgetgirl Send a message via Yahoo to Gadgetgirl
The Q arrived..and I have agita :(

I have to snatch out the battery numerous times. It locks up, installing programs have been more miss than hit, and text is acting funny.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:34 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Gadgetgirl is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Gadgetgirl Send a message via MSN to Gadgetgirl Send a message via Yahoo to Gadgetgirl
re

Ok, some things have been solved. For some reason, I'm not able to install programs on my card. It locks up when I try to do so, or it says that it was unsuccessful. When I choose device as the place to install, then it goes smoothly. Is the card supposed to be for media files, pics and such only?

Also, I wasn't able to stream XM radio (it works on my SDA). Sorry if I'm being a pain, or posting things already posted but I'm just happy the Q finally came The screen is a beauty.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:51 PM
Lurker

yukiko is a n00b
for the most part yes the programs are sapposed to be on the phone only cause of stupid premission issues i found the memory card is for media and documents and what not
Old 06-23-2007, 07:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Scooter_in_WI is becoming a great contributor
I have lots of programs installed on my SD but...

I would go with a good quality card. Some of the cheaper ones will give you read errors. Another trick is to not install anything that has uses the home screen. i.e. Phone Alarm of Fizz. These will work OK (sometimes) but, it will slow down your Q.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:16 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Gadgetgirl is a n00b
re

Ok, I'm glad I wasn't the only one-I thought i was doing something wrong!

I'm starting to overlook the installation nonsense and am really loving this phone! When I get the Windows Media sync to work, I'll be a lil bit happier, but overall I don't regret getting this phone at all!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q