PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2007, 12:01 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
Just a little info about Q upgrades....

I had the pleasure of speaking to one of the Motorola Big Wigs, and they told me that there will not be any WM6 updates for the Q. But instead they will be releasing a new device with it. (Motorlola Q9H) Sorry if yall already knew this but I thought I would post.....
~Mike

Old 06-10-2007, 12:16 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
I had a feeling about WM6. I thought the Q9H was a GSM device???

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 06-10-2007, 12:19 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
yeah me 2 but they said it would be the device taking the Qs place and we were discussing this about Alltel.....thats a good one I should have asked. I got a number and email. So I will see if I cant find out alittle more. I keep ya updated.
~mike
Old 06-10-2007, 01:39 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
OK!

I doubt I will get one as the KB is too small, reminds me of the dash.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

monkey is keeping up the good workmonkey is keeping up the good work
i cant say that i am suprised. i was hoping to get wm6 on my q, but seeing that it can b slow at times i dont think it would be working better than with wm5. i remember that i saw a Q running wm6 (was it the one headed to at&t?) but i cant seem to find it.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:09 PM
dcd
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIP
i still beleive its only a matter of time before someone releases a beta WM6 rom. rsd lite sees the Q and has no problem flashing a verizon firmware to a sprint device or vice versa. ill keep my fingers crossed that someday we see a WM6 .sbf file get leaked that we can load. how well it would function is probably another story.

not to get off topic, but on that note, why havent we seen a rom kitchen for the Q firmware yet? I would think that with at least the sprint and verizon roms available, someone with more skills than me would be ripping them apart....
Old 06-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: ROM Kitchen

Since the Q was CDMA only, no GSM folk got involved and in turn no one with experience on ROM cooking has attempted to make a custom ROM e.g. the community while large, is behind in real technical knowledge.

Maybe when the GSM Moto Q comes out (and has WM6) you'll see some more action.

Re: WM6 and the Q

Sprint was reportedly testing the beta on the Q and it was on a few tester devices. There seems to have been technical issues and other behind the scene happenings which caused Sprint to backout.

Re: CDMA Q q9h rumor

A WM developer spoke with Moto Engineers and they have stated no CDMA Q q9h but rather a new CDMA/ Rev A Q is being developed.

PocketPCMag actually calls it the Motorola Q2 and is exactly that: a newer Q, not Q q9h.

Quote:
The Q2 is similar in size to earlier versions of the device. It has a slightly faster processor and more internal RAM and flash ROM for data storage. The Q2s QWERTY keypad has larger keys than earlier versions of the device and has a 2 megapixel camera. This is another quad-band GSM/EDGE-capable Smartphone that includes Bluetooth capability, but not Wi-Fi. A CDMA version of the Q2 is also expected.
Verizon is also slated to get a device called Motorola M (q9m) on 7/31 which engadget calls their "iPhone killer":

Quote:
Details are on the slim side, but reports suggest a 3 megapixel shooter with a large QVGA display and lots of internal storage.
Some speculate that this IS a CDMA variant of the Q q9h (mostly b/c of the name) but engadget seems to believe it is something else as do I. Afterall, the Q q9h while a decent device is hardly an iphone killer.

So there you go
Old 06-11-2007, 08:51 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

BOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I actually bought my Q on Thusday in the pittsburgh area and the store rep said it was the new REV.A Q. I check the about file and it says it is a Q2. Not sure if this is right because it does say wm version 5.0. Maybe I will be able to upgrade to 6.0.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:40 AM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootheresa
I actually bought my Q on Thusday in the pittsburgh area and the store rep said it was the new REV.A Q. I check the about file and it says it is a Q2. Not sure if this is right because it does say wm version 5.0. Maybe I will be able to upgrade to 6.0.
lol, nope.

RevA is the hardware version: Version A, not EvDO

The Q2 thing is just b/c it's the black sorta-2nd gen Q with the MOL2 upgrade.

In other words, all Sprint Q's say the same thing
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q