PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2007, 07:02 PM
Lurker

dmoseder is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone not keeping charge

Lately my Q Hasn't been charging for me i dont know why. I plug the charger into it and it says charging but i left it over night took the plug out and it still only had one bar, has anyone else had this problem? Thanks
Old 06-06-2007, 08:04 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Their have been some reports about charging problems due to old batteries & non OEM chargers after the update. I would take it to a Sprint store and have them look at your phone.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 06-09-2007, 02:05 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dmoseder is a n00b
Incase anyone else ever has this problem... what solved it for me was changing my homescreen back to one of the normal ones. I downloaded a homescreen called Grey HQ2 and i switched out of it and since then i have had no problems.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff
Did the home screen you were using require plugins? I've been having this problem myself but I made my own home screen (no plugins required). I will try switching out of it to see if the battery charges more reliably.

I'm also noticing that chargers that provide too much current (over 850mA) don't charge my Q. All my charging accessories for the 6700 don't work.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:50 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dmoseder is a n00b
The plugins it used were facade, fizz weather and the orange plugin.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:15 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
I don't think it has to do with those plugins, as I use them in all my homescreens. It is either a problem associated with the Motorola update. Or possibly you are still using an old outdated battery that shipped with a lot of the Q's.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:39 PM
Lurker

yukiko is a n00b
i had this problem once i took it in and even the guy couldnt figure what the heck was wrong with it and instead of chargeing it draned the battery so the guy replaced the phone free of charge since i only had it for 3 days rofl
Old 07-14-2007, 12:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Sprint

mujurip is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to mujurip
y doesnt the Q charge if i use a diff charger from a different phone? (like the charger or ppc6700). I noticed the same thing with most motorola phones. They only get charged by specific chargers. Same thing happens vice versa. I have a ppc6700 and if i try to charge it with the charger of the Q, it doesnt work.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q