PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2007, 02:25 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D5
All the pluses and minuses have been posted so IMHO

Moto Q yawn puts me to sleep

700WX great device up to a point

I had them both but went back to my 6700, I will most likely have a 6800 as soon as they are available
I would have used my 6700 again except for the low ear-piece volume thing post-AKU 2 update.

Was that ever fixed with the 3.x AKUs?
Old 06-02-2007, 03:54 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D5
All the pluses and minuses have been posted so IMHO

Moto Q yawn puts me to sleep

700WX great device up to a point

I had them both but went back to my 6700, I will most likely have a 6800 as soon as they are available
I would have used my 6700 again except for the low ear-piece volume thing post-AKU 2 update.

Was that ever fixed with the 3.x AKUs?
The low ear-piece volume is better but the speaker phone still sucks
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:19 PM
Lurker

Q Status is a n00b
I have a Q, but was thinking of getting a 700wx..I think the Q is easier to use but I personally think I can get more done with a 700wx. But now I'm looking at the Mogul..(I think it's the fact of having a stylus that gets me, you can kind of get things done a little quicker, but you have to factor in the time it takes to get use to the device)

Whatever I get now will be more of a business/work type phone, and bump my Q to my personal line. I think the Q is perfect for basic personal user who wanted a little more out of a phone.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Pre & Hero
Threadstarter

Darth Pooh is a n00b
Hey Mal,

My Q should be coming tomorrow... got it on a third line I don't use often (right now a 6700 is on that line). If it is good enough I might go ahead and use it as my primary device.

Still have any accessories you wanna sell me?

-D
Old 07-12-2007, 09:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6800 Mogul

tannis is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to tannis Send a message via MSN to tannis Send a message via Yahoo to tannis
Apache Vs Q

Well as I must admit my fellow technocrats I have experienced life with the Motorola Q. The thing that was the MOST annoying was webpage navigation. The plus for the Q is that it was easier to get useful software for it. There was not as much trickery as far as building a kitchen etc.... It was just a plain and simple XML file. I switched to the Q when I busted the screen on my Apache back in march and only switched back to my apache a week ago... Anybody wonna buy a Hardle used Motorola Q?
Old 07-13-2007, 11:26 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Pre & Hero
Threadstarter

Darth Pooh is a n00b
Re: Apache Vs Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by tannis
Well as I must admit my fellow technocrats I have experienced life with the Motorola Q. The thing that was the MOST annoying was webpage navigation. The plus for the Q is that it was easier to get useful software for it. There was not as much trickery as far as building a kitchen etc.... It was just a plain and simple XML file. I switched to the Q when I busted the screen on my Apache back in march and only switched back to my apache a week ago... Anybody wonna buy a Hardle used Motorola Q?
What accessories do you have for it?
Old 08-01-2007, 10:36 PM
Lurker

Q Status is a n00b
i just recently picked up a 700wx.. and now i'm thinking that I should have went with the 700wx first. The Q is nice as a basic phone with some extras. It was all about the size when I got the Q plus i did get a good deal. But now that I have the 700wx, I use my Q less and less.

Plus it's so much nicer because the 700wx seems a lot more stable than the Q... i hate having to do soft resets and the lag time on the Q
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q