PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2007, 07:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: Verizon

g-funkster is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Samsung Launcher Packaged

Thanks to Malatesta for pointing out the existence of this application over at this thread

This distribution has been made specifically for the Q, with a link to the Q's running tasks application and mapping itself onto the camera key, for free for those who don't have AE Buttons Plus.

The Quick Launcher is nice, but how can we launch it from anywhere? A button would be nice.

Sacrifice: Camera Button for Launching
For those who haven't remapped their camera button with something like AE Buttons Plus, there's a free way to do that thanks to a tip by leeosenton over at Qusers. But as you can see, the Launcher has been packaged with a shortcut to the camera so you can still take that picture pretty quickly.

ZapIt: the Killer App (lol)
ZapIt is a very old freeware application, originally for Pocket PC, that still works on our systems because it does something very simple: Kills the active application. Thanks to this launcher, we have a way to call it on top of another app. See the animation, you launch Zapit on top of another application and it kills it. No need to reach for the Task Manager.

Notes:
  • You can also see there's an 'Edit' button, if you don't like any of the presets, you can change them to your liking.
  • TIP: The keyboard is enabled so, for example, typing the letter 'i' will highlight Internet Explorer
  • Do not run ZapIT when on top of the homescreen, you will have to restart the device!! Only hit zapit when on top of an application you want to kill.
Notes2:
If you want the camera key back, uninstall. But if you want to keep the application and retain the camera key, use a registry editor and go to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Camera \Application and change the value to (without quotes) "pimg.exe -Camerakey"

Get it here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/32267894...ncher.CAB.html
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-20-2007, 12:10 AM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Whoa ho ho!

Very nice g-funk! Keep up the great work as this is quite an original release.

ps Find anything good in that Wm6 rom yet from XDA? I was playing around with it earlier...seems like an endless hacker project
Old 05-20-2007, 01:06 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
This is beyond sweet! Thanks for the outstanding work g-funkster

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 05-20-2007, 02:30 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

g-funkster is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta
ps Find anything good in that Wm6 rom yet from XDA? I was playing around with it earlier...seems like an endless hacker project
Well, I found the calculator is nice I just gotta dig slowly, there sure is lots to mess with.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: ACS Alaska

dilirum is a n00b
Looks tight. Grabbing it - thanks for the find!
Old 05-12-2009, 07:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

typo lad is just getting started
Re: Samsung Launcher Packaged

Almost two years later, I know, but does anyone still have this app? The RapidShare link is gone.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Bell Touch, Alltel Touch Pro, PPC6800 & MotoQ on metroPCS
Carrier: metroPCS

81344songz is just getting started

I also think this is a nice app.
A reupp would be nice.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TouchPro2
Carrier: at&t/sprint

remydakid is keeping up the good workremydakid is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to remydakid

looks nifty

*&& oh yeah, wish there was an updated link.

Last edited by remydakid; 05-13-2009 at 12:06 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q