PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2007, 01:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tour
Carrier: Sprint

nebula is keeping up the good worknebula is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to nebula Send a message via MSN to nebula Send a message via Yahoo to nebula
Charging Issue with non-motorola charger after the upgrade!

Here's what happened, I use to be able to charge my Q with my car charger for PPC6700 prior to the update that was recently released few days ago by motorola. Now it seems like they have made it so only motorola chargers and the USB from the PC are the only chargers that charge the Q. I am not sure if there's a hack to fix it so it charges with any charger, I am not even sure why they would include such feature in the update unless non motorola chargers damage the battery somehow.

I would appreciate any comments, links to hacks if there are any, or just an input from someone that has experienced the same thing.

Thanks!
Old 03-15-2007, 08:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

Dmunkey is a n00b
This is actuall a common for moto. Everything Moto that we sell has to be charged by a moto charger.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tour
Threadstarter

nebula is keeping up the good worknebula is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to nebula Send a message via MSN to nebula Send a message via Yahoo to nebula
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmunkey
This is actuall a common for moto. Everything Moto that we sell has to be charged by a moto charger.
Ahhh I thought it charged before the upgrade but guess not!
Old 03-16-2007, 01:45 AM
N00b

widdlewade is a n00b
Re: Charging Issue with non-motorola charger after the upgra

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebula
Here's what happened, I use to be able to charge my Q with my car charger for PPC6700 prior to the update that was recently released few days ago by motorola. Now it seems like they have made it so only motorola chargers and the USB from the PC are the only chargers that charge the Q. I am not sure if there's a hack to fix it so it charges with any charger, I am not even sure why they would include such feature in the update unless non motorola chargers damage the battery somehow.

I would appreciate any comments, links to hacks if there are any, or just an input from someone that has experienced the same thing.

Thanks!
I've never had these problems with my Q. One of the reasons I bought it was the redundancy in charging options with my 6700. Even after the update, I haven't had to change a thing. The USB cable that came with my Q is still in it's original plastic, in the box the Q came in.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:33 AM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Whoa...

nebula might be on to something. I've been meaning to try my car charger since the update and reading the OP and I finally did tonight.

Sure enough, my 3rd party car charger bought off of eBay that *used* to work pre-update now doesn't.

I'm baffled.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

bubbatex is a n00b
Gee, glad I bought a "real" one off of eBay!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q