PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2007, 11:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Jamey is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question for former Treo 700wx and PPC6700 users

Hey everyone,
I just picked up a Treo 700wx because I thought I missed the touch screen and the full WM5 platform that the PPC 6700 had to offer, and I wanted something a little less brick-ish. I have been using the Treo for about 4 days now, and is just me, or is the call quality and speaker quality on the Q far superior than the Treo and the PPC? Also the Q seems a bit more stable as the Treo has already crashed on me a couple of times. Someone sent me a SMS today and rather than recieving the message, it just started to ring endlessly, like someone was calling, and I had to soft reset.
Anyway, are any of you former Treo or PPC users going back, or are you keeping your Q, and why?
Old 03-14-2007, 11:56 PM
N00b

Snake2582 is a n00b
I've only had my Q for about a day, but I'll try and answer your question.

I'm keeping my Q, why? Because it's everything I wanted originally in my 700wx in a smaller and lighter package. The speaker/call quality is awesome on the Q. The Q also runs all of my programs that I had on my wx. I don't edit documents, and if I did, there's a perfectly good 3rd party program that can do that. The screen is very bright and colorful and looks so much better than the screen on the wx. Plus, Motorola seems very dedicated into providing updates and such with this device whereas Palm seems too much into their 750v (just my speculation). The Bluetooth is also 100% better than the wx's. You know, I could go on but I have to leave soon.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:10 AM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Ditto what Snake2582 said.

Treo is a great device but the Q edges is out is some areas. Very happy with it and I was totally not expecting to be...
Old 03-18-2007, 04:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

TechnoHippie is becoming a great contributor
I was handed a Q several days ago as a company phone. I've been using a 6700 since they came out. To me there is so much more that I can do on the 6700 that despite its larger size, I like it waaaay better than the Q. That being said - the size of the Q is of course nice - now if they'd just make a 6700-Q I'd be happy. (and oh yeah needs to have built in GPS and a 7x camera too along with s-video in and out and built in tv tunner and work on both gsm and cdma at the same time - and almost forgot its gotta cost only 50 bucks cause I blew all my $ on the 6700).
Old 03-31-2007, 03:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoHippie
I was handed a Q several days ago as a company phone. I've been using a 6700 since they came out. To me there is so much more that I can do on the 6700 that despite its larger size, I like it waaaay better than the Q. That being said - the size of the Q is of course nice - now if they'd just make a 6700-Q I'd be happy. (and oh yeah needs to have built in GPS and a 7x camera too along with s-video in and out and built in tv tunner and work on both gsm and cdma at the same time - and almost forgot its gotta cost only 50 bucks cause I blew all my $ on the 6700).
I'm on the fence between going with the Q or sticking it out with my 6700. I read your post and i'm curious as to what you feel is better about the 6700. I would like some insight into what the Q can and can't do (obviously besides WiFi).

I love my 6700, but in many ways its lacking....most notably for me is the poor bluetooth implementation.

So i'm basicly looking for someone's insight who prefers the 6700 over the Q because it seems that most are very happy with the Q.

Thanks

-s

Funniest thread ever!!

Don't just SAY "Thanks" PRESS ... Try it, it only takes a second!
Old 03-31-2007, 11:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

monkey is keeping up the good workmonkey is keeping up the good work
I gotta tell you the Q is alot more stable than the 6700. Yes its lacking many features because it is a smartphone but in my opinion is better in some ways. All the Motorola phones I've seen had are pretty loud in both the ringing and when its on speaker. The only things that i miss about my 6700 are the ability to soft reset by poking the phone on its bottom and • Push-mail, voice call fix. The voice call is rejected when CE application attempted outgoing data packets. However, a 2nd voice call attempt would go through.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q