PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2007, 08:29 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Motorola Q known issues and bugs

My first smatrphone and wow what a buggy phone it is. Post all those nagging questions about the behavior of the Q here.

I will start with the phone cannot place call error. I have read that jumping from X1 to EVDO and back again caused this problem. The only way I can make a call is to reset the Q.

Edit: I want to say here that I am looking for answers to questions in this thread, not just complaints. The first thing I have to remind myself of is that this is a smartphone not a PPC so its not the same. I am really enjoying my Q and I am amazed by what this little Phone can do.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 03-10-2007, 04:36 PM
The Voice of Reason
Threadstarter

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Has anyone noticed that the Q seams to get bad reception? I have a 6700 and the Q, in some areas the 6700 has better reception. I drop a lot of calls as well in places I never dropped calls before
Old 03-10-2007, 04:48 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Reception for me is the best out of the 700wx or 6700.

As far as bugs, the "cannot make call" thing has happened to me on occasion but it seemed to be when my device was making an active data connection e.g. trying to sync with Exchange at that moment.

Honestly, I have had no issues or bugs with my device.

Have you done a PRL update? Should be up to 60607.
Old 03-10-2007, 04:53 PM
The Voice of Reason
Threadstarter

I have 60605 so just call sprint tell them to flag for upgrade or can this be done manually. Thanks Mala
Old 03-10-2007, 07:21 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D5
I have 60605 so just call sprint tell them to flag for upgrade or can this be done manually. Thanks Mala
I don't want to get your hopes up but many people have reported great improvements in network functions with the 607 update...hopefully it'll help.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:57 PM
The Voice of Reason
Threadstarter

Whats up with the thumb wheel it moves too slow and it wont sit still i am always jumping to the next line when I try to use the track wheel execute button. Is it just me or is this common?
Old 03-26-2007, 12:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

monkey is keeping up the good workmonkey is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Whats up with the thumb wheel it moves too slow and it wont sit still i am always jumping to the next line when I try to use the track wheel execute button. Is it just me or is this common?

Its happened to me as well. But I leave mine alone and it seems to be jumping from line to line a few seconds after.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

bubbatex is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey
Quote:

Its happened to me as well. But I leave mine alone and it seems to be jumping from line to line a few seconds after.
same with me - however, I never use it, I am a 5-way guy!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q