PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2008, 02:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Stuck in Bootloader

Help.....how do you get out of bootloader mode on the Q?

It says I need to plug in the USB cable and acts like it wants me to re-flash the phone.

Thanks.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 06-28-2008, 08:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

moveout is a n00b
Re: Stuck in Bootloader

Same here. thanks in advance
Old 07-01-2008, 04:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

Elusive1 is a n00b

Did you back-up your phone? If not your Q is done, similar to crashing a PC. Happened to me twice, first time I hadn't backed it up so I was screwed, took it to sprint and they had to order me a new phone, so when I got the new phone I backed it up and updated the software, got stuck in bootloader, but since I backed it up I was able to recover everything when I hooked it up to the computer and synced it. Hope this helps some.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:41 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Elusive1: You say that when you hooked the MotoQ up on your second phone, you were able to get it out of bootloader mode? Or was this another replacement from Sprint?

I tried hooking up a mini-USB cable to the phone to see if it would recognize it....it didn't seem to find the phone. Is there some software I need to have installed to use the mini-USB cable with the phone? I figured I could find the stock VZW rom for the phone and see if it would take or not.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

Elusive1 is a n00b

Yes, my second Q got stuck in bootloader, I hooked it up to my laptop via usb, and when it synced with Microsoft Activesync, it returned the phone to its normal state.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q