PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2007, 05:24 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Did You know? Cool tricks/shortcuts on the Q

The information was blatantly copied from EverythingQ.com and those users who were kind enough to put these all together over a 13 page thread. I just condensed it

So go here for the originals and pay your respects: LINK

Now on to the cool tips and tricks!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- In Internet Explorer, pushing the Space Bar will Page-Down

- To silence the ringer of an incoming call, move the scroll wheel down

- Hold down the spearkphone button to enable Voice Recognition

- During a call, the same button toggles Speakerphone ON/OFF

- Automatic Profile toggles between Normal and Meeting depending on your Outlook Calendar

- by dialing ##342587 You can Enable/Disable Dial Up Networking

- Did you know that when you are in Calculator mode that if you click the scroll wheel up it adds, and if you click it down it subtracts, and if you press in on the wheel, it is the same as pressing the = key! It is very fast to type in the numbers with one thumb while adding and subtracting with the other.

- Pressing any alpha key at the home screen will bring up the contact list...and filter the contacts based on the alpha key you pressed.

- When composing an email or SMS, in the To: field, press the Return button or Center D-pad to bring up your Contacts

- To bring up the recent call list, just press the "Space Bar" while at the home screen.

- You can press the home key, then space key to lock the Q

- Holding down the Home key brings up the "Quick List"

- To control your Volume Level with your Media Player.. Press & Hold the Trackwheel

- To use Call Waiting, use the wheel on the side as a button to switch between calls.

- You can pull up a special characters menu by pressing ALT then CAPS key while in a text box

- Holding down the email/light key turns the light off on the Q.

- When in Camera mode, Up and Down on the d-pad change the Zoom level (Still ONLY), and Left and Right on the d-pad change the Brightness

- If you press and hold the Enter key (far right), a menu to power on/off the Bluetooth/Phone appears
Old 02-06-2007, 08:01 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I am sure that's helpful

WOW, what a tutorial. I am sure that will answer a lot of upcoming questions and help mike and the mod's out a lot. Nice job there!

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 09-22-2007, 05:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Motorola Q

Wai2swt is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to Wai2swt
Every since I downloaded Yahoo to my Q, I cant seem to get this reminder sound to stop. I went into my task manager and killed all of the running files and the damn thing wont stop the ding dong sound. I have turned off all the ringers, sounds, alarms, I need help.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

bubbatex is a n00b
not to be a smarta$$, but uninstall Yahoo to Go. That program is lame, IMO. You can get much more by just pulling up a web page.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:20 PM
Lurker

carlyse_09 is a n00b
Re: Did You know? Cool tricks/shortcuts on the Q

Yes a very nice tutorial...I learn something new about it.Thanks for the information..
Old 02-04-2009, 11:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

icehaze is a n00b
Re: Did You know? Cool tricks/shortcuts on the Q

Good post...this should speed things up.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: t-929
Carrier: t-mobile

rami-st-george is a n00b
formatting

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehaze View Post
Good post...this should speed things up.
if anybody wants to reset for anykind of software problem on this phone is hold the center button and power for 15 - 20 seconds and it will say do you want to format device than just hit yes and done . easy by the way guys im here to help most phones like cdma/gsm/sm-ph/pda/tdma/ and i need help sometimes to willing to share any imfo .....peace rami
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q