PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2007, 02:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: Verizon

g-funkster is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Best task switcher

I installed Qtask because it was supposed to be good, but I've found it's not fast, there are no pretty icons and the interface is a littel clunky. It's nothing compared to the AE Buttons Plus switcher I had used on the 700wx.

And that works on the Q, so I'm using it. But with the rest of the functions of that program not working correctly, i think I may want to uninstall AE. What would be the next best thing?

The one thing I do like about qtask is that if you double click quickly on the 'x' key on the keyboard, it kills the current active process. I sometimes remember the ALT+Tab feature of the 'u' key, I suppose it's better than not having one at all.

I've heard of xbar, celetask..
Old 01-25-2007, 02:34 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
I'm using CeleTask.

It's very tiny and fast, which I like. It also displays a lot of important info (all optional).

I have it mapped to my right key using the program Right Key (configurable menu/program launcher).

I tried QTask too and didn't like it. The hot key thing is cool but I think it interferes with other programs (AEB, maybe Autokey lock).

See it here:
http://www.efficasoft.com/celetask/index.html

Old 01-25-2007, 05:17 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

g-funkster is a n00b
Do you mean "Right Menu"? Also, were you able to get the hotkey functionality for that so you could pop it up from anywhere?
Old 01-26-2007, 05:51 PM
Lurker

Wodan is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Wodan
xBar

i use xBar, which costs a few bucks but i love it. It just gives me no nonsense access to whatever apps are open to switch/kill them, plus it gives a custom launcher. i don't use the scripts and all that, but i know the app has many other powerful features for such a small and compact prog. not sure why more people don't use it, but at least worth a free demo..

http://xetranet.free.fr/xbar2/?lang=...e=Presentation
Old 01-26-2007, 10:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

Jamey is a n00b
Which version of Xbar are you using? I was looking for something like Wizbar Lite, and Xbar looked to be very close, but I paid the 13 bucks, downloaded v3.2, and can't figure out how to work it, almost like it isn't compatable with the Q. The icons are not working correctly and the center button on the nav pad seems to get screwed up when xbar is running. Any input?
Old 01-27-2007, 04:04 AM

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-funkster
Do you mean "Right Menu"? Also, were you able to get the hotkey functionality for that so you could pop it up from anywhere?
Yeah, sorry. Right Menu (I can't get cascading sub-menus though....hmmm)

The hotkey, for Cele Task? I think it only works when you are in the program but not to "call it" from another app. Could be wrong as I haven't really explored the app too much.

Xbar3 does look intriguing. I may give that a spin.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:33 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

g-funkster is a n00b
nah, hotkey for Right menu so you don't have to be in the home screen to activate it. Also, keep playing with it if you like, cascading works fine over here. But I wish there was a better program for this if you know what i mean.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-funkster
nah, hotkey for Right menu so you don't have to be in the home screen to activate it. Also, keep playing with it if you like, cascading works fine over here. But I wish there was a better program for this if you know what i mean.
cool, didn't know that.

I think I need the newer version of Right Menu so I'll have to update today.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q