PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Lurker

spinedoc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tweaks!: Huge List for the Moto Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta
I used SmartTweaker since Day 1 and I haver never, ever seen this pop up message.

If it's not sticking, this is important: DO NOT soft reset for at least 1 minute and let the screen go dim 1st.

Long story short: any changes to the Registry are stored in RAM then go to ROM...when it is flushed, which usually takes 1-2 minutes. If you soft-reset right away, you'll undo the changes since they never wrote to ROM.
Yes I'm aware of this and did wait a couple of minutes before soft rebooting. I can verify the registry changes stuck because I can see the "settings" key in the correct directory (and yes it is set to 1). It still doesn't work.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:06 PM
Lurker

omega5 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinedoc
Quote:
I used SmartTweaker since Day 1 and I haver never, ever seen this pop up message.

If it's not sticking, this is important: DO NOT soft reset for at least 1 minute and let the screen go dim 1st.

Long story short: any changes to the Registry are stored in RAM then go to ROM...when it is flushed, which usually takes 1-2 minutes. If you soft-reset right away, you'll undo the changes since they never wrote to ROM.
Yes I'm aware of this and did wait a couple of minutes before soft rebooting. I can verify the registry changes stuck because I can see the "settings" key in the correct directory (and yes it is set to 1). It still doesn't work.
Same here.
Can the "Setting" folder be deleted and reentered again?
Should the (" ") be there with the word Settings?
The data value says; "ab (default)" right?
I tried it twice and now at the bottom of my microsoft folder i have 2 "NOSMSSentMsg"
Old 02-14-2007, 01:12 PM
Lurker

omega5 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinedoc
Quote:

Same here.
Can the "Setting" folder be deleted and reentered again?
Should the (" ") be there with the word Settings?
The data value says; "ab (default)" right?
I tried it twice and now at the bottom of my microsoft folder i have 2 "NOSMSSentMsg"
Old 02-22-2007, 09:55 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: Verizon

g-funkster is a n00b
Yikes,

that latest Feb 21st tweak really does work! thanks
Old 02-22-2007, 04:09 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-funkster
Yikes,

that latest Feb 21st tweak really does work! thanks
which setting are you using: 4096 or 8192?

Just curious if there is a difference...
Old 02-22-2007, 04:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: Verizon

g-funkster is a n00b
actually i had it set at 4096 already, so I upped it to 8192. It's not a big difference to be sure, but it's there.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:12 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
actually i had it set at 4096 already, so I upped it to 8192. It's not a big difference to be sure, but it's there.
I tried 8192 for like 5 mins and it seemed slower, so I'm sticking with 4096.

Maybe the other 2 people here could chime in if they tried it
Old 02-24-2007, 10:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I will try soon!

I promise! haha

-Tony

I <3 Android
Old 02-28-2007, 03:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

Jamey is a n00b
Quote:
Quote:
I tried 8192 for like 5 mins and it seemed slower, so I'm sticking with 4096.

Maybe the other 2 people here could chime in if they tried it
I can't really see a difference from 4096 and 8192, but definately a huge difference from the original value of what I think was 0. Thanks for the tip. I think this is the fastest speed increase so far.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:49 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I finally did the speed up hack and I did 4096 and its faster than 0 =]

-Tony
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q