PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Motorola Q (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   s2u2 on motorola q? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=19889)

GKUltraMagnus 03-02-2008 06:40 PM

s2u2 on motorola q?

Hey folks-

I'm running a sprint moto q with the latest s2u2 and it doesnt display properly. it shows the landscape wallpaper, but in other ways is appearing portrait (short clock bar, slider scrolled off the bottom, etc). i tried the directdraw on/off with this app with no difference visually. does anyone run their q with s2u2 and have they experienced/resolved these same problems?

D/\SH 03-02-2008 06:43 PM

Re: s2u2 on motorola q?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GKUltraMagnus (Post 199901)
Hey folks-

I'm running a sprint moto q with the latest s2u2 and it doesnt display properly. it shows the landscape wallpaper, but in other ways is appearing portrait (short clock bar, slider scrolled off the bottom, etc). i tried the directdraw on/off with this app with no difference visually. does anyone run their q with s2u2 and have they experienced/resolved these same problems?

if im not mistaking this was made for ppc's and not smartphones. so i dont think you can get it to display and work properly on your Q

GKUltraMagnus 03-02-2008 07:51 PM

According to the release notes, it works on square displays and smartphones. Instead of using your finger to slide the app open, you use the dpad on the smartphone instead. The application functions perfectly apart from the visual issues. Presumably someone else has used this program with this phone, and I'm looking for input. Thx

remydakid 03-03-2008 02:41 AM

the Q isnt TOUCHSCREEN. you need a touch screen device to use s2u2.

Dc_Striker 03-03-2008 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by remydakid (Post 200442)
the Q isnt TOUCHSCREEN. you need a touch screen device to use s2u2.

Just another fine tuned verions v0.99...

- added the connection icon.
- added a default unknown caller pic (to disable it, delete the unknown.png under \GFX\).
- the ExceptionEXE0-9 only effective when the exception application is running in the foreground.
- larger weather icon can be used.
- DPAD will be enabled when it's running on a Smartphone.
- better memory management.
- in sync with S2V v0.30.
- some minor bugs fixed.

Cheers,
A_C

remydakid FAIL?

GKUltraMagnus 03-03-2008 04:34 AM

I want a post from a moto Q or other smartphone user who has experienced or resolved this problem. Thanks.

gilesmartin 03-19-2008 08:42 AM

hey, not sure if u are still working on this issue but i am one user who is using s2u2 on a smartphone. i am currently using it on my samsung blackjack 2. it seems to work well with only a few issues:

-s2u2 settings is pretty much unusable as it requires touchscreen input
-s2u2 attempted to use the portrait wallpaper so i just changed the name of 'wallpaperL' to 'wallpaper' in the gfx folder
-if you allow it to turn the device off it will actually turn the device off (as in soft reset) so set it to blank screen only or suspend only in the registry
-my bottom application keys still operate with s2u2 running (the ones built into the keyboard)
-power button on top will not wake the display but all other buttons will

other than that it works pretty well and i am enjoying it. maybe we can get a_c to put out a smartphone specific version

Certs 03-22-2008 03:31 AM

Keep it civil, folks. Warnings only go out once.