PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Photon 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2011, 11:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

thesfactor is keeping up the good workthesfactor is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Motorola Photon gone wild!

Ok so this is my second photon. The first one had similar issues so I returned it. Basically the phone suddenly restarts itself when I am on a call, or when I press the power button.
Also, while I'm on a call, if i hit the speaker button there is static on the line and then it resets itself, sometimes over and over. No clue what's going on. I don't think it's a MoPho issue but more a software or sprint issue.
Does anyone have a work around?
I already installed the updates and everything else...
Old 09-25-2011, 12:10 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Motorola Photon gone wild!

workaround? take it back. may wanna see if hard reset fixes it but sounds like hardware again, are you stock and sure no other apps are causing this?
Old 09-25-2011, 01:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Yeah I might hard reset it tonight and try to work with it. The store was being really hard to work with last time around. I had to fight to get a new phone. I have to call sprint back and tell them this phone doesn't work.
The phone is stock, the only apps I have aare whatsapp, google apps and one or two other popular apps. Nothing too crazy...the phone reset itself again a few times since i last posted.

Do you have a MoPho? Does it work perfectly?
Old 09-25-2011, 01:41 AM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesfactor View Post
Yeah I might hard reset it tonight and try to work with it. The store was being really hard to work with last time around. I had to fight to get a new phone. I have to call sprint back and tell them this phone doesn't work.
The phone is stock, the only apps I have aare whatsapp, google apps and one or two other popular apps. Nothing too crazy...the phone reset itself again a few times since i last posted.

Do you have a MoPho? Does it work perfectly?
ya i have one and stock it was fine and rooted its even better, goodluck.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

how did you root it?
Old 09-25-2011, 11:46 AM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesfactor View Post
how did you root it?
lots of "hot too" vids to make life simple, hit thanx for the op.

[ACS][HOW TO] Root, Install CWM, Unroot, Flash Roms/Kernels/Themes!(8 videos) 9/17/11 - xda-developers
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

jrebo is keeping up the good workjrebo is keeping up the good work
Be sure to run the software updates. I'm rooted and not unlocked with no problems.

Sent from my Motorola Photon
Old 10-03-2011, 11:27 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: moto photon 4g
Carrier: sprint

unkledude is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post

excellent answer dude .....thanks
Old 10-03-2011, 12:15 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrebo View Post
Be sure to run the software updates. I'm rooted and not unlocked with no problems.

Sent from my Motorola Photon
how the hell are you rooted and not unlocked? lol
Old 10-06-2011, 06:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon 4G (MoPho)

slmclarengt is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
how the hell are you rooted and not unlocked? lol
You can root without unlocking the bootloader. At this point in time, unlocking the bootloader like most phones makes the 4G dysfunctional. A fix is in progress by Yay 4 Juggs over on XDA

If you want Alien ROM, there is a way to get it and keep 4G working (though I cannot attest to this).

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Photon 4G