PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Photon 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2011, 11:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm pre/htc tp
Carrier: sprint

dfve is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
poor choice?

looking at this forum daily....seeing very few posts, wondering if i picked the wrong phone......i like this phone alot...even more than my beloved evo4g, tried evo3d a few days, got the photon shortly thereafter.....did i miss something?
Old 09-09-2011, 11:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S / Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

KaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to KaliS
Re: poor choice?

lol, just thought i'd post something here so ya wont feel too lonely. i got an epic 4g so i can't really relate to you. i'm thinking about the photon, but will likely hold out for the epic touch 4g, and stay with sammy. but i am giving some thought. i know that not having a lot of dev attention is an issue for me, i just like it when other people have the same phone i do and can offer experience & advice when issues occur.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm pre/htc tp
Threadstarter

dfve is just getting started

me and you are twins, i loved the evo section, was packed all the time with good info, but i gotta tell you, this photon is a much nicer phone, with much better reception on data and phone calls...there, i said it lol
Old 09-09-2011, 01:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: moto photon 4g

unkledude is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfve View Post
looking at this forum daily....seeing very few posts, wondering if i picked the wrong phone......i like this phone alot...even more than my beloved evo4g, tried evo3d a few days, got the photon shortly thereafter.....did i miss something?

i'm not sure what you might have missed with this phone(moto photon).....super fast, great reception, call quality is very good, photo's are better than average. only thing i haven't liked so far is it'll shut off by itself but sprint , my carrier assures me they are working on it.

might wanna wait for the gs2 if your not sure about this one.....just my 2 cents.

did i say i love this phone !
Old 09-09-2011, 05:02 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

don't have the device but it is a strong front runner of choice for my upgrade. im just holding off 'til next week so i can at least compare it with sg2 and see which one i would like better.

i think the possible answer to why not too many people in the photon section is because people that can upgrade now, are waiting for the sg2 to come out next week or waiting to see if the nexus prime will come to sprint.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 09-09-2011, 05:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Ronny71 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfve View Post

Go Here... Motorola Photon 4G - Android Forums
Lot more goin on...I can't figure out why though...

By the way I brought mine back...Constant Freezes Peed me off...Did a few hard resets and did the OTA Update...Still same problem...Went back for the EVO 3D ...No Freezes at all...Just like my old Evo 4g...Just as fast in my poinion...Im runnin Ultimate Juice and Seidio 4000...2 days without a charge...I'm happy with that...But I'm waitin on Prime and HTC Blast...Hope Sprint gets either one...I'm not a Samsung Fan...(Poor Support...)

Last edited by Ronny71; 09-09-2011 at 05:29 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:43 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny71 View Post
Go Here... Motorola Photon 4G - Android Forums
Lot more goin on...I can't figure out why though...

By the way I brought mine back...Constant Freezes Peed me off...Did a few hard resets and did the OTA Update...Still same problem...Went back for the EVO 3D ...No Freezes at all...Just like my old Evo 4g...Just as fast in my poinion...Im runnin Ultimate Juice and Seidio 4000...2 days without a charge...I'm happy with that...But I'm waitin on Prime and HTC Blast...Hope Sprint gets either one...I'm not a Samsung Fan...(Poor Support...)
@Ronny71 yea according to this both Moto and Sammy are rated below the industry average for customer satisfaction and support.

HTC 2nd in J.D. Power customer survey with Nokia and RIM below average | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews
Old 09-10-2011, 10:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
@Ronny71 yea according to this both Moto and Sammy are rated below the industry average for customer satisfaction and support.

HTC 2nd in J.D. Power customer survey with Nokia and RIM below average | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

I've never had a Samsung ...But the MoPho was one badass phone...other than the constant freezin...I woulda kept it...I'm sure they will work that out with an OTA update soon...with enuff complaints...
Old 09-10-2011, 03:47 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny71 View Post
I've never had a Samsung ...But the MoPho was one badass phone...other than the constant freezin...I woulda kept it...I'm sure they will work that out with an OTA update soon...with enuff complaints...
the update fixed this issue from what im reading all over but i never had the freezing issue but know peeps that did.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
the update fixed this issue from what im reading all over but i never had the freezing issue but know peeps that did.
I'm glad they fixed it...
I like everything runnin on my phone...most of the time...Thats why I get the biggest battery I can get when it comes out...I swear by Seidio...So when I used to do a Hard Reset on the Mopho it ran good for awhile till I loaded it back up and ran all my apps and Launchers...Once I did this I would get the return of the Freezes...I ran the most current OTA which fixed other problems I had at the time but not that (Freezes...)so I just got frustrated and returned it fo the EVO 3D...I had the Mopho for three weeks...

I loaded everything up on the EVO I had on the Mopho and it ran Flawless...Just like it did on my old EVO 4G...So that helped make the decision to stay with the EVO...But whoever has the MoPho has one great phone...If I could afford two I'd have them both for now...Till sumthin else cums out...Which will be soon and the EVO will go on EBay for sale...Which will help pay for the new phone...Hopefully the Prime or the HTC Blast...Both machines I've read will really rock...We'll just have to wait and see...But I'll betcha the Stock Battery will suck...It always does...When will they learn...????

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Photon 4G