PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Moto Photon 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=392)
-   -   poor choice? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=146934)

gator352 09-10-2011 07:07 PM

Re: poor choice?

I love my moPho. Well, except for the bluetooth screwing with my proximity sensors. Otherwise, I would take this phone over the HTC 3D any day of the week. I had 3 of them. 2 of them had a bad screen tilt, horrible reception, and external speaker was weaker than the cleveland browns. The last one I had, had a straight screen but it went into roaming and dropped calls in the middle of Orlando, Fl.! So I actually looked for an AT&T logo....while I listened to it's horrible speaker...

To me, it wasn't a bad decision but it was a hasty one. I should have waited to use one of my upgrades for the SGSII or something similar and waited for it to mature. I just don't like sammy, HTC has left a bad taste in my ex's mouth, and moto's sound quality is superb but it's software has a lot to be desired. So with that, I will say all manufacturers have thier plus and minuses and it all depends on my needs as a phone. The moPho exceeds that but man....I wish they would acknowledge and fix the damn bluetooth!!

dfve 09-13-2011 06:32 PM

DAMN!
this place is what they call a "DEAD ZONE" ARE THE TOWELS SCRATCHY????

gator352 09-15-2011 03:10 PM

I don't know about the towels, but the TP is cheap so it ripped and I got some on my finger....

dfve 09-15-2011 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gator352 (Post 2145121)
I don't know about the towels, but the TP is cheap so it ripped and I got some on my finger....

at that point, all ya can do is use a corner of the paper, to clean under ya finger nail lol

AB33 11-21-2011 02:22 PM

I went from the OG Evo to the Evo 3D and traded in my 3D for free for the Photon because the 3D was not good with wired headsets. I do a radio show once a week and that was not working well. The OG Evo phone quality was waaaay better than the 3D but I didn't want to go back to the Evo since I paid for the 3D upgrade. The Photon's phone quality and speaker phone are waaaay better than the OG Evo and Evo 3D. Sprint understood and just let me swap.

cayjominara 01-21-2012 02:35 PM

Lots of conversations for the photon over in the xda forums.

Sent from my MB855 on the PPCGeeks App

reaper24 03-28-2012 01:07 AM

Wonder when some dev support will come over here for it :D Looked like a interesting phone root also seems easy nowa days ... Never played with one tho in the past I thought about tryin one out..

cornelious2 04-05-2012 02:35 PM

I love my mopho, we got cm9 what else you need?

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

67GGH 08-29-2012 12:08 AM

I am sorry I do not understand this so can not give the answer you want

krnfrk6663 03-04-2013 03:32 AM

If your thing is unlocking and flashing.. I wouldn't recommend the photon anymore, most of the ones that are shipped are put on the 2.3.5 locked rom. It locks the bootloader and prevents us from re unlocking it. Something about it blowing a fuse. Just thought I would throw out my two cents. I have one. Got it before the sprint update. It's not getting ICS, or JB. They even promised it, then release a rom that locks us in..