PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Photon 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2011, 10:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: moto photon 4g
Carrier: sprint

unkledude is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile motorola vs hts sense what's the difference between them ?

so i went and saw and played with the new photon 4g yesterday from sprint and was really impressed with the phone but the motorola rep had said that the motorola was using/ running some kind of muzz something and the htc 3d ( just a reference) was using htc sense.

what are these and how does it effect the phone and it's use overall. i'm very inexperienced with smartphones and their tech stuff so i really don't know the difference of one to the other.

thanx to all how reply

Old 08-01-2011, 11:24 AM
Jmz
Jmz Software
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Jmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Jmz
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkledude View Post
so i went and saw and played with the new photon 4g yesterday from sprint and was really impressed with the phone but the motorola rep had said that the motorola was using/ running some kind of muzz something and the htc 3d ( just a reference) was using htc sense.

what are these and how does it effect the phone and it's use overall. i'm very inexperienced with smartphones and their tech stuff so i really don't know the difference of one to the other.

thanx to all how reply

You were probably told motoblur for the photon. All motoblur and sense are user interfaces and asthetics. You will find people that love and hate each one. I hate motoblur and love sense. I hate stock android interface. But just my opinion

Sent from my Droid using PPCGeeks
Old 08-07-2011, 01:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint "Simply Everything"

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: motorola vs hts sense what's the difference between them ?

To answer your question: HTC Sense/Samsung Touchwiz/Motorola Blur are simply an Android OS "overlay" which provides new features such as widgets, launcher variances, icons, additional menu/syncing functionality, and visual eye candy. These "overlays" are developed and added by each device manufacturer making their devices unique from one another. To date, HTC Sense has shown to provide the most added anhancements and visual appeal but at the cost of memory and processor consumption. Not bad but it does use more resources.

It's all a matter of user preference. There is no clear winner or loser when it comes to Android OS overlays, but many will argue otherwise. I personally love HTC Sense because it adds more features and cool widgets. Many like the stock vanilla Android that has little or no added overlays from device manufacturers. Since you are new to the smartphone world, you will not go wrong with any high-end smartphone, especially the Photon or HTC EVO. It's all personal preference and what you need in a smartphone. At this time the Photon and the HTC EVO 3D are the top two devices. Either phone will be a great choice. I personally get a much better signal and data connection with my Photon compared to all three of my HTC EVO's, one being a 3D. Sad but true.

Last edited by tx_dbs_tx; 08-07-2011 at 01:17 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:13 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!
Carrier: Sprint

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_dbs_tx View Post
To answer your question: HTC Sense/Samsung Touchwiz/Motorola Blur are simply an Android OS "overlay" which provides new features such as widgets, launcher variances, icons, additional menu/syncing functionality, and visual eye candy. These "overlays" are developed and added by each device manufacturer making their devices unique from one another. To date, HTC Sense has shown to provide the most added anhancements and visual appeal but at the cost of memory and processor consumption. Not bad but it does use more resources.

It's all a matter of user preference. There is no clear winner or loser when it comes to Android OS overlays, but many will argue otherwise. I personally love HTC Sense because it adds more features and cool widgets. Many like the stock vanilla Android that has little or no added overlays from device manufacturers. Since you are new to the smartphone world, you will not go wrong with any high-end smartphone, especially the Photon or HTC EVO. It's all personal preference and what you need in a smartphone. At this time the Photon and the HTC EVO 3D are the top two devices. Either phone will be a great choice. I personally get a much better signal and data connection with my Photon compared to all three of my HTC EVO's, one being a 3D. Sad but true.
I concure....
Old 08-11-2011, 08:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Ronny71 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I got it yesterday and luv it...I don't use anything of the Motorola UI ...I installed everything I had on my Evo 4g onto the Photon ...My Lock is Widget Locker and I run ADW Launcher EX and Launcher Pro...I luv this thing...This Processor is sick especially at 4g and Wi Fi...So long Evos for now...
Old 08-14-2011, 09:01 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny71 View Post
I got it yesterday and luv it...I don't use anything of the Motorola UI ...I installed everything I had on my Evo 4g onto the Photon ...My Lock is Widget Locker and I run ADW Launcher EX and Launcher Pro...I luv this thing...This Processor is sick especially at 4g and Wi Fi...So long Evos for now...
I use launcher pro and this thing flies!! I have widget locker but I don't want to keep adding things to make my batt worse. I mean I get great batt life now and I don't need something sucking down the juice!

Besides, I LOVE the Evo 4G's! Best phone I have ever used till I got this moPho!! The 3D was great as a PDA but sucked as a phone. I just wished they put more testing into it before releasing it to make sure the radio's performed well. But they didn't so I decided to move on and let all the sense junkies drool over it's UI because most likely, they have no signal, especially in rural areas like where I live and work!
Old 08-14-2011, 09:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator352 View Post
I use launcher pro and this thing flies!! I have widget locker but I don't want to keep adding things to make my batt worse. I mean I get great batt life now and I don't need something sucking down the juice!

Besides, I LOVE the Evo 4G's! Best phone I have ever used till I got this moPho!! The 3D was great as a PDA but sucked as a phone. I just wished they put more testing into it before releasing it to make sure the radio's performed well. But they didn't so I decided to move on and let all the sense junkies drool over it's UI because most likely, they have no signal, especially in rural areas like where I live and work!

Nice "Eye Candy" to run on the Photon is the "SPB Shell 3D"...Its really smooth and sum crazy features...I ran the Seidio 3500 Battery on the EVO...got two days on it without a charge...what also helps is "Ultimate Juice"...I also run that on the Photon...If set up right it really helps battery drain...I'm sure Seidio will be cumin out with a King Size Battery for the Photon as well...When its out I'll be jumpin on it and then I'll be gettin two days on the Photon as well...=D>
Old 08-17-2011, 11:19 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: moto photon 4g
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

unkledude is a n00b

what is a launcher pro and what does it do?

widget locker also??
Old 08-17-2011, 12:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Launcher Pro is a Launcher that will replace the Blur your running now...
Its a lot nicer and more functional and smooth...

Widget Locker is a multifaceted Lock Screen App...
Try it you'll luv it...
Lotta functionality as well..
Both can be found in the Marketplace App on your phone...
Old 09-29-2011, 03:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

cuchanu is just getting started

I hate Motoblur and like Sense a lot. I have essentially changed everything about my phone (Photon) because Motorola's software is garbage.

The dialer is subpar and requires to many clicks among other issues.
The gallery app forces you to look at every image on your entire phone. I had to scroll through 2000 images just to get the one I wanted.
The camera forces an obnoxious clicking noise.
I don't care for the launcher and app tray so replaced them with launcher pro.
some of the widgets are decent though.

The topper is that the look of motorblur is pretty ugly as well, while sense is very polished and attractive. Fortunately you can change just about every aspect of a phone these days so it's unrecognizable at this point.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Photon 4G