PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2009, 01:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

gardobus is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Home++ FTW

I actually wish the ! icon had an indicator of some sort also. It doesn't need to be a number of sms/email/etc specific, but just a small indicator of some sort that says "There is something in here" lol
Old 12-15-2009, 01:25 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Hopefully you're right and it's not to far off. You're kind of in a limbo situation, either keep the notification bar enabled to see the info you need at a glance, or leave it off to enjoy the cleaner look and have to press an extra button to see your info, so far there's no in between.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 12-15-2009, 02:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid

JonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
Hopefully you're right and it's not to far off. You're kind of in a limbo situation, either keep the notification bar enabled to see the info you need at a glance, or leave it off to enjoy the cleaner look and have to press an extra button to see your info, so far there's no in between.
I've added my two cents to his discussion board. In case you want a visual of what I'm looking for, go to http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/pock...reenshots.html and see the third picture from the top. As you can imagine, those four lower icons are dynamic. They hardly show when nothing is pending but they jump out at you when there are one or more messages are waiting to be read. I had one icon/widget for each email inbox i used, SMS, call log and voicemails. One glance told me everything I need to know.

Last edited by JonV; 12-15-2009 at 02:20 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonV View Post
I've added my two cents to his discussion board. In case you want a visual of what I'm looking for, go to http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/pock...reenshots.html and see the third picture from the top. As you can imagine, those four lower icons are dynamic. They hardly show when nothing is pending but they jump out at you when there are one or more messages are waiting to be read. I had one icon/widget for each email inbox i used, SMS, call log and voicemails. One glance told me everything I need to know.
I have found nothing like this so far. Maybe a developer will make something like it.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 12-15-2009, 02:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid

JonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingwolf View Post
I have found nothing like this so far. Maybe a developer will make something like it.
Maybe too easy! I'll have to dig around a bit more.

Technically they are like the widgets you see that show, say, the Wifi or GPS or BT settings or ringer settings. Beautiful Widgets have them where the icon shows that curent state of BT on or off and can also be used to toggle the setting.

Should be simple to adapt. I can code...given a good enough example to work from
Old 12-15-2009, 02:59 PM
VIP Member

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonV View Post
Maybe too easy! I'll have to dig around a bit more.

Technically they are like the widgets you see that show, say, the Wifi or GPS or BT settings or ringer settings. Beautiful Widgets have them where the icon shows that curent state of BT on or off and can also be used to toggle the setting.

Should be simple to adapt. I can code...given a good enough example to work from
Perhaps this should be moved to its own thread as it is a little off topic. Anyways, I did find this widget upgrade which adds counters to Messages and the dialer.

http://android.kanokgems.com/
Old 12-15-2009, 03:02 PM
Zombway: Eat Flesh
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP

i want to be able to remove the task killer button since i use "auto task killer" to turn off selected tasks when my screen goes off.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:23 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0mbiexx View Post
i want to be able to remove the task killer button since i use "auto task killer" to turn off selected tasks when my screen goes off.
I agree.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:29 PM
Zombway: Eat Flesh
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Droid: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

hopefully within future releases power strip be fully customizable not just limited as is now
Old 12-15-2009, 03:35 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0mbiexx View Post
Wirelessly posted (Droid: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

hopefully within future releases power strip be fully customizable not just limited as is now
That would be fantastic. It has been mentioned that skinning will come later.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid