PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2009, 08:05 AM
Droidgeek
Pocket PC: Rooted MotoDroid w/mish mash of ROMs
Carrier: Verizon

banden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Home++ FTW

What exactly does 'safe mode' do? It implies disabling it is unsafe.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid

gardobus is becoming a great contributor

I think some new features he put into Home++ are screwy on some phones. On my Droid it actually seems to run better with safe mode off. Whenever you hear "Safe Mode" it is a way to run an app when you have issues running it normally. It doesn't mean that NOT using it isn't safe.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:11 AM
Droidgeek
Pocket PC: Rooted MotoDroid w/mish mash of ROMs

banden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuff

Yeah I understand safe mode for Windows, or other apps as it usually means that it will load with reduced functionality in order to isolate issues.

Safe mode is normally only used in those systems as part of troubleshooting issues... and usually major ones. Also it usually only gives access to utilities or diagnostics.

So I guess I worded it wrong, why would it be turned on as a default? I wonder what the difference is with this app that makes it safe mode.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:29 AM
Zombway: Eat Flesh
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbag View Post
wish i could change the color of the top bar, but i guess that goes along with a skin so i will just wait.

EDIT: by top bar i mean notification bar after i enabled it through long pressing the notification button
i think you need to be rooted to change the color of that because i too looked on how to change it to black and everyone kept mentioning needing root.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbag View Post
wish i could change the color of the top bar, but i guess that goes along with a skin so i will just wait.

EDIT: by top bar i mean notification bar after i enabled it through long pressing the notification button
You can but you have to be rooted to accomplish it.

Edit: z0mbiexx beat me to it.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 12-15-2009, 11:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

gardobus is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by banden View Post
Yeah I understand safe mode for Windows, or other apps as it usually means that it will load with reduced functionality in order to isolate issues.

Safe mode is normally only used in those systems as part of troubleshooting issues... and usually major ones. Also it usually only gives access to utilities or diagnostics.

So I guess I worded it wrong, why would it be turned on as a default? I wonder what the difference is with this app that makes it safe mode.
Ah okay well I think he may have changed how something works behind the scenes and although we might not notice the difference on the Droid, maybe others notice problems with his new coding so he set safe mode to default that uses different code. It isn't missing features like Windows Safe Mode but it is probably using some sort of different code.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:48 AM
Lurker

sapienta is just getting started

this app is great, thanks for getting the word out.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid

JonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good work

What's the deal with "3rd Party Animated Widgets". Are there any?

While I like the notification bar hiding, I'd love to replace it with inbox or sms icons that change to show there are unread messages and possibly even the number of them.

Kind of like SPB mobile shell's widgets for those familiar with MS3 on their old, crappy WinMo devices. I'd like to glance at the home++ screen and see if I need to respond to anything.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:58 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Dont forget that your droid already has an SMS and Email notification built in. The little light at the top right corner blinks green for an email notification and Blue for an SMS notification Animated widgets are still in the early phases and so far the only downloadable ones are just demos to kinda let you see how they will look. Do a search for "animated widget" in the marketplace and you'll find at least one example.

Edit: I saw 2 with that search, an animated horse widget just as an example, and an actual flip clock in early beta stages. Both are made by the same guy that makes Home++

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28

Last edited by breakmyfootoff; 12-15-2009 at 01:06 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid

JonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
Dont forget that your droid already has an SMS and Email notification built in. The little light at the top right corner blinks green for an email notification and Blue for an SMS notification Animated widgets are still in the early phases and so far the only downloadable ones are just demos to kinda let you see how they will look. Do a search for "animated widget" in the marketplace and you'll find at least one example.

Edit: I saw 2 with that search, an animated horse widget just as an example, and an actual flip clock in early beta stages. Both are made by the same guy that makes Home++
Yes, I've seen the demos but was looking to see if any are in production with a purpose which I think this just screams! I guess I'm hip to the LED and it's nice to to let you know to at least turn on the device then I'd like a glance to tell me more about what's happening that needs my attention.

FYI, Handcent SMS allows you to set the color and blink pattern etc. for the LED per contact which is handy. I'm not so sure the LED provides me with enough to know what is happening between getting an SMS, an gmail email and a work email. I'm living without but I did get a little used to extra information provided by dynamic icons so I thought I'd ask. My guess is this feature won't be too far off in the future.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid