PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 05:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i910
Carrier: VZW

bornl33t is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iphone or android?

This was too good to pass up. Kinda irks me how apple likes to lambast windows in their comercials. Well one thing they point out is that macs have no viruses....which is wrong. It's just few and far between. Which is understandable. Macs do not have the veratility of hardware or the market share to cause the harm a virus would on a windows machine. Not to mension macs aren't predominantly used for servers nor are they used in the finance world.

Now as far as phones go the iphone is THE one phone that is used more then any other single device. There may be more winmo phones out there, I do not know, but there are 100+ variations of hardware for this OS.

Anyway true to form, iphone has a app for everything....and soon a virus scanner too....http://www.ppcgeeks.com/2009/11/10/g...l-get-a-virus/
Old 11-29-2009, 05:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: iphone or android?

The person that wrote that now has a job at a software firm. I guess it was a good way to market himself.

Also, there is a another version of this virus that can be used to get your financial info. Seems to only affect the Netherlands so far though.

Oh, this past year it took 14 seconds to break in to a Mac while it took 30 minutes to break in to a Windows Vista box. Yep, Mac is more secure.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 11-30-2009, 12:32 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I will NEVER understand why some one would pay 1300.00 for a MacBook when a comparable PC lappy is around 600.00 . And for 800.00 you can get a Windows machine that will step all over a 1300.00 MacBook.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 12-01-2009, 11:20 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
I will NEVER understand why some one would pay 1300.00 for a MacBook when a comparable PC lappy is around 600.00 . And for 800.00 you can get a Windows machine that will step all over a 1300.00 MacBook.
OSX

It tends to have a better user experience.

Old 12-01-2009, 12:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i910
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

bornl33t is becoming a great contributor

better user experience? like when I see something on woot.com I have to ask if it's mac compatible?
Old 12-01-2009, 12:35 PM
i like turtles

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornl33t View Post
better user experience? like when I see something on woot.com I have to ask if it's mac compatible?
Seriously? That's your problem with osx? rofl.

I would buy a mac if I didn't know a lot about how to use a computer, nor did I wish to learn. Macs are pretty straight forward and work very well. It's easy to have a nice operating system when you control every aspect of the hardware it'll run on, trust me.
Old 12-01-2009, 03:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid

nerdherd is keeping up the good worknerdherd is keeping up the good work

If I had the money I would buy a MacBook Pro just because I LOVE how they look, and they are very thin, and have a great back lit keyboard, etc. Then I would install Windows 7 and make that the primary OS
Old 12-01-2009, 03:08 PM
i like turtles

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdherd View Post
If I had the money I would buy a MacBook Pro just because I LOVE how they look, and they are very thin, and have a great back lit keyboard, etc. Then I would install Windows 7 and make that the primary OS
Or you could just run it with Parallels :P
Old 12-01-2009, 03:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid

nerdherd is keeping up the good worknerdherd is keeping up the good work

Nah, Parallels adds lag. BootCamp would be the way to go
Old 12-01-2009, 04:24 PM
i like turtles

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdherd View Post
Nah, Parallels adds lag. BootCamp would be the way to go
right on, good to know. Does boot camp work like parallels where you run windows within a virtual environment, or do you select what os you want to use at startup?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid