PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2009, 09:41 PM
Droidgeek
Pocket PC: Rooted MotoDroid w/mish mash of ROMs
Carrier: Verizon

banden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How is your battery life??

I just use the thing all day and plug it in when I get home before I go to bed... If I forget to plug it in it's still on in the morning but I need to charge it up at work (just charge it off the usb port on my laptop.

My wife's EnV doesn't last as long.
Old 11-28-2009, 06:11 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

OK, 15 hours 4minutes and 59 seconds since I unplugged it from the charger earlier today GPS and Bluetooth have been left on the entire time and It's still not dead, but it is down to 10% battery remaining. The first 6 hours included some very heavy usage of apps that are known to be battery drainers as stated in my previous post. After that I was home and switched to moderate to light usage. Made and received some more phone calls, searched the market place for some new apps,played Zombie Run for another 20 minutes, listened to online radio with the new Motorola S9HD bluetooth headset that I picked up at BestBuy earlier and browsed the web some. 12 Hours since unplugging and it was at 20% so I decided to finish of the experiment by using GPS. I started navigation 32 minutes ago and its still going. Since the first 30 minutes of Nav used 10% battery I figure I have another 30 minutes till 0% which will put the total time on one charge at over 15 hours and 30 minutes with some pretty heavy usage . I dont think you're gonna need to worry about carrying a charger or an extra battery with this phone.

Edit: The phone just shut down after 15 hours and 31 minutes of pretty heavy usage.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28

Last edited by breakmyfootoff; 11-28-2009 at 06:26 AM.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i910
Carrier: VZW

bornl33t is becoming a great contributor

I think it's good.
I drove for 2+ hours today with navigator on 9 (requires GPS)
Then surfed the internet for another 2 hours
Then watched a movie for about 30 min over bluetooth
Then surfed for another 30min
then drove another 30 with the navigator and that's where it finally died.

That's 5 1/2 hours of intensive use. All of the time with the screen on most of the time running blue tooth, GPS or 3G.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid (Verizon)

DJSTEVEZ is a n00b

My 3 previous phones were Moto Q, Q-M, & The HTC Touch Pro.
Without any question I get better battery life out of my Motorola Droid than any of the other 3 phones.

After reading the other posts I can say that while I can go a day & a half without a charge, I'm not on my phone nearly as much. -Z-

"Broadcasting Recovery's Message of Hope." www.RadioRecovery.com
Old 11-29-2009, 11:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid

mihalich is a n00b

Coming back from Vegas to Southern California on friday, I started with the phone fully charged. I had the following apps running:

1) IM+
2) Email
3) The Weather Channel
4) Maps - Navigation was running with the regular maps layer, and the traffic layer.
5) Whatever other standard services are running in the background...

After just about 4 hours, the phone was down to about 15%. That's when I plugged in the car charger.

As a comparison, with my EnV Touch and the extended battery, I could go about 4 hours with just VZ Navigator running the whole time.

I don't expect much more from the standard battery for the droid than this, given the state of batteries today.

PS: The weather channel app was cool. it was constantly looking at my current location (apparently), cuz it would pop up weather advisories for the area I was in. Now if it anticipated my future location based on my direction of travel and gave me advisories a little before I got there, that would have been really impressive.

- Joe

Last edited by mihalich; 11-29-2009 at 11:37 AM.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:59 AM
That guy with the axe

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihalich View Post
Coming back from Vegas to Southern California on friday, I started with the phone fully charged. I had the following apps running:

1) IM+
2) Email
3) The Weather Channel
4) Maps - Navigation was running with the regular maps layer, and the traffic layer.
5) Whatever other standard services are running in the background...

After just about 4 hours, the phone was down to about 15%. That's when I plugged in the car charger.

As a comparison, with my EnV Touch and the extended battery, I could go about 4 hours with just VZ Navigator running the whole time.

I don't expect much more from the standard battery for the droid than this, given the state of batteries today.

PS: The weather channel app was cool. it was constantly looking at my current location (apparently), cuz it would pop up weather advisories for the area I was in. Now if it anticipated my future location based on my direction of travel and gave me advisories a little before I got there, that would have been really impressive.

- Joe
It does seem to do surprisingly well conserving battery power given the speed of the phone and the awesome 3.7" display. I may still be interested in a stock sized extended life battery when they become avaiable just to have reserve power on vacations and such
Old 11-30-2009, 10:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid

Bunsen Honeydew is keeping up the good workBunsen Honeydew is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
It does seem to do surprisingly well conserving battery power given the speed of the phone and the awesome 3.7" display. I may still be interested in a stock sized extended life battery when they become avaiable just to have reserve power on vacations and such
I am waiting for Seidio to get an extended battery for this beast.

I have found that the battery does much better when I have the screen brightness set to automatic. It takes a while to get used to, but the brightness remains adequate for the current lighting and doesn't blind you if you are using the nav after dark.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:56 PM
That guy with the axe

Same here, coming from a phone that didnt have this capability made it kinda bothersome at first, but I quickly realized that it was saving my battery quite a bit and it really does do a good job at providing adequate brightness without burning out your retinas at night lol.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:21 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Glad to see it's great so far! This will be my next phone so far.....thinking hard about leaving my touch pro...it hurts to leave it lol

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 11-30-2009, 11:45 PM
That guy with the axe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtney1985 View Post
Glad to see it's great so far! This will be my next phone so far.....thinking hard about leaving my touch pro...it hurts to leave it lol
I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets sentimentally attached to my phones lol.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid