PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2009, 03:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid, HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

GRTK_Brandon is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What are your top 5 apps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0mbiexx View Post
Handcent SMS
Beautiful Widgets
Barcode Scanner
Automatic Task Killer (kind of a pain in the ass sometimes)

all rest i just have but i just got the droid yesterday. so well see as time passes.
I want to add Handcent SMS to my list as well. This app is just an awesome alternative to Google's native messaging app. I had previously read about it on a thread poll asking which messaging app you used, and honestly, the default messaging app is good enough for me, but Handcent splits up your texts and automatically sends 2 separate texts when you reach the 160 character limit. I'm sure as most of you can tell, I'm rather long winded, so this was a must.

When I downloaded it I was completely overwhelmed with the options and some of the customization options. You can change the background, color of chat bubbles, change the LED color, blink pattern, and so much more. It's great! One of the best features is the pop up box when you receive a text. It displays the sender, their picture, the text message itself, and offers you a few options straight from the box, one being a TTS feature which just reads the text aloud via that sexy robotic voice some of us have come to love, hate, or just cringe at. Anyway, Handcent SMS. Highly recommended.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: alltel

braymeck is a n00b

Great Lists so far, heres some that i use that haven't been mentioned yet:

1. Sports Tap - great for checking scores from pretty much any sport out there

2. Gmote - works great for controlling your computer from a distance, has alot of potential

3. Linda File Manager - Prefer it over astro because it allows you to download certain files from the internet

4. wheres my droid - great app if you misplace your phone alot and like to keep it on vibrate/silent for the most part, allows you to text your phone a predetermined phrase and it automatically turns on your volume and blasts the ringer for about a min.

5. apps organizer - One of my all time favs, allows you to categorize your apps and assign quick shortcuts to your home

6. movies - uses gps to find the closest theaters and show times among many other things

7. wordUP - easily the best free game i have found
Old 12-05-2009, 06:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: EVIL V

EDGE23 is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to EDGE23
Thumbs up Re: What are your top 5 apps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRTK_Brandon View Post
I want to add Handcent SMS to my list as well. This app is just an awesome alternative to Google's native messaging app. I had previously read about it on a thread poll asking which messaging app you used, and honestly, the default messaging app is good enough for me, but Handcent splits up your texts and automatically sends 2 separate texts when you reach the 160 character limit. I'm sure as most of you can tell, I'm rather long winded, so this was a must.

When I downloaded it I was completely overwhelmed with the options and some of the customization options. You can change the background, color of chat bubbles, change the LED color, blink pattern, and so much more. It's great! One of the best features is the pop up box when you receive a text. It displays the sender, their picture, the text message itself, and offers you a few options straight from the box, one being a TTS feature which just reads the text aloud via that sexy robotic voice some of us have come to love, hate, or just cringe at. Anyway, Handcent SMS. Highly recommended.
thanks for the review, i just received my droid yesterday and wasn't sure about downloading the app before reading your post.
samsung 680, a700, 920, legendary 9k, a900, 6700, treo 700wx, 6800, 6700, 6800(collecting dust), as of 01/09/08 htc touch, and 5/24/08 finally the blackberry curve, 10/15/08 touch pro, 4/30/09 boring blackberry curve again.
12/04/09 DROID.
WM, HTC, and BB can go to hell now.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:40 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

hammer1320 is a n00b

Has anyone else played with the walkie talkie PTT lite? A friend and I downloaded it as a joke to see what it does and its actually cool! It basicly turns your phone into a push to talk, you hold down an on-screen button, say what you need to say, release, and it sends an email to your friend with an audio attachment. If your friend has the app running, it will play the message when recieved. Its free with the option to pay 4 bucks for the full version that dosnt have ads.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Droid

IbenJakinov is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDGE23 View Post
thanks for the review, i just received my droid yesterday and wasn't sure about downloading the app before reading your post.
Handcent also allows you to enter text messages by speaking into the phone using voice recognition to convert what you say into text. Great feature if your trying to respond to text while in the car, etc.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: SPRINT

ebuechler3 is keeping up the good workebuechler3 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbenJakinov View Post
Handcent also allows you to enter text messages by speaking into the phone using voice recognition to convert what you say into text. Great feature if your trying to respond to text while in the car, etc.
how responsive is it? or do you have to repeat yourself 100 times per text?
Old 12-07-2009, 12:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid

Bunsen Honeydew is keeping up the good workBunsen Honeydew is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebuechler3 View Post
how responsive is it? or do you have to repeat yourself 100 times per text?
It is not too bad. About the same as any google voice search. The bad part is that it puts whatever it thinks you said directly into a text and you have to delete the parts that are wrong. I like on the voice search how it gives you what it thinks you said, and gives you a chance to cancel the search.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: SPRINT

ebuechler3 is keeping up the good workebuechler3 is keeping up the good work

is there TV Cable out option for android? i still have my tv out cables for my tp.. thks
Old 12-07-2009, 10:56 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Threadstarter

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

deleted

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28

Last edited by breakmyfootoff; 08-24-2011 at 02:12 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:50 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Threadstarter

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

deleted

Last edited by breakmyfootoff; 08-24-2011 at 02:13 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid