PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2009, 03:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

InfamousHB is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Alltel Plan VS Droid

I've heard you can use an alltel plan with a Droid. Many VZW reps have been telling me the opposite.

Anyone on here been able to get a droid without having to switch over to VZW plan? I've got a data plan with alltel and it works on my diamond. I don't see why it would suddenly stop working if I got a droid?

My alltel plan is an awesome deal, and if I'm forced to change it, I guess the droid is a no-go.

Quote:
EDIT EDIT EDIT

So apparently some of the plans from alltel transfer, but some don't. If you're having trouble purchasing the DROID on Verizonwireless.com without having to change your plan, that means your plan is incompatible.

Don't worry though, you can still change over to a different ALLTEL plan. It still ends up being cheaper than Verizon's plan by a long shot, and all the features still work.

I spoke to a great rep, refered to me by breakmyfootoff. Feel free to contact me via PM for her number. She truly knows the ins and outs of Verizon plans, and is really interested in getting you the best plan for what you need.

Last edited by InfamousHB; 11-23-2009 at 08:34 PM.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:53 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Alltel Plan VS Droid

That sucks man. I know for a fact the Droid will work with your old alltel plan, thats exactly what I have. I guess I just got really lucky that the first rep I talked to on the phone renewed me and kept my old alltel plan . Have you tried other reps on the phone? Still no luck getting Cathy on the line?

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon/legacy alltel plan

zim2704 is just getting started

i can confirm that an alltel plan will work with the droid. when i went in they didn't even hesitate and sold it to me without changing my plan.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:11 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

InfamousHB is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
That sucks man. I know for a fact the Droid will work with your old alltel plan, thats exactly what I have. I guess I just got really lucky that the first rep I talked to on the phone renewed me and kept my old alltel plan . Have you tried other reps on the phone? Still no luck getting Cathy on the line?
I've talked to other people, but they were very hesitant to sell me the phone. I spoke to Courtney1985 and she said she'd let me know if it would work 2 days ago. Haven't heard anything back. Don't want to bother her. Cathy must be on a month long vacation. I'll keep trying. Thanks for your help breakmyfootoff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zim2704 View Post
i can confirm that an alltel plan will work with the droid. when i went in they didn't even hesitate and sold it to me without changing my plan.
Awesome. This was local sales associate, or over the phone? Thanks.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

mcentreville is a n00b

I was told over the phone, by a cust serv agent who transferred over from Alltel, that if you're taking advantage of the "early upgrade" option (expires 12-31-09), they will renew your plan for two years, and --- if you ask specifically for it -- they must honor your Alltel plan. But the catch is this is not advertised, and you must know to ask for it. I'm going to do it, but wait till closer to the due date, to get the maximum # of time with my Alltel terms of contract. Good luck!
Old 11-22-2009, 06:24 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

InfamousHB is a n00b

Just got off the phone with Verizon. Did you guys pay full retail for your Droids? They're saying I could purchase one, but I cannot renew my alltel plan for the discounted pricing without switching over to a different VZW plan.

The $580 price tag is simply too rich for my blood.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:01 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousHB View Post
Just got off the phone with Verizon. Did you guys pay full retail for your Droids? They're saying I could purchase one, but I cannot renew my alltel plan for the discounted pricing without switching over to a different VZW plan.

The $580 price tag is simply too rich for my blood.
That is false info. I got mine for 199.99 (included the instant rebate).
Old 11-22-2009, 09:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Little Abner is a n00b

Had no problems upgrading through verizon online - got it for 150, no rebate =) I have a SmartChoice Alltel plan. Good Luck!
Old 11-22-2009, 11:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid

bleeblak8 is just getting started

I plan to go to the local verizon store and renew my alltel contract and get the droid. Hell i've got an email and a text message from verizon say "Upgrade to the droid for 199.99 and just cause you upgrade doesn't mean you change plans." So i figure I'll still be on my alltel contract. Which is fine with me. I'll report back if it works out.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

BryanGT is just getting started

Go in the store, because alltel data plan is only 20$ a month on family plans so they really want to get you off of it, but a good CSR will keep you on your plan and get you in a new Droid in no time allowing for you to keep your 20$ data plan.

You wouldn't get the "New Every 2 preferred costumer discount" but you'll still able to get it for 199 after MIR.

In the end the Alltel data plan will pay for the difference and more.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid