PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2009, 07:40 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Alltel Plan VS Droid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake044 View Post
thanks.

im wonderin if i can use my upgrade to get a droid at the upgrade price
I did, apparently you either have to make them do it, or just find the right rep . This was confusing me, cause everybody else was having some difficulty getting to keep their Alltel plans. I guess I just got lucky cause the first and only person I talked to did it without a hitch for me.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:44 AM
R.I.P. B & Gary. 12/20/11
Pocket PC: JB 32GB iPhone 4 w/ 5.0.1
Carrier: VZW

Batman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

alright thanks. were goin tomorrow so if they dont do it then im gonna be complainin cause im not gettin stuck with one of their crappy outdated smartphones!
Old 01-05-2010, 06:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Farnz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farnz View Post
I've had nothing but problems with my TP as well. I exchanged it the first week due to GPS issues in store, and have exchanged it by mail twice (keyboard broken)as well. GPS does not work at all even with the $10.00 plan that I was tricked into after buying the phone(my phone DOES NOT work with GPS without the plan). I called and really complained on Friday. Rep was really nice and said it could be replaced with a Droid but I would have to receive one more replacement as I haven't hit the 3 bad phones yet. Technically I have, but the one exchange in store didn't count. He basically told me to call as soon as I receive the phone, state that there is a problem with it, and a Droid would be on the way. It's already been notated in my account. Now, if that actually happens, I'll be shocked, but that's what I'm hoping for.
Just an update. Got my replacement phone which didn't have the GPS crippled for the first time. Was kind of bummed because the screen wasn't crystal clear like my previous Touch phones, but I could live with it due to GPS working without the damn NavPlan. Two days ago the touch screen started acting up. I called Verizon sales today and told them I wanted to upgrade to a Droid and that I thought that I was within my 1 year window. I was informed I had three months to go but the sales rep said sir, we have in your notes that you were promised an upgrade if your current phone had a problem. WOuld you like to talk to tech support? I was offered the Touch Pro 2 without asking and then was asked if I wanted a Droid instead. I said the Droid would be a great replacement. So I got the Droid for $299.99 minus $100.00 mail in rebate and a $100.00 credit for my crappy Touch Pro, which I get to keep and probably sell. Not too bad of a deal considering I wasn't even close to completing my first year of contract. I was very impressed with customer service today, way to go Verizon! Oh, and no problems with keeping my Alltel plan either......
Old 01-20-2010, 12:24 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gregjuice is a n00b

i have a problem, was hoping somebody could help...i have been with alltel for years, and currently have a TP. as everybody knows, it is garbage, and im waiting for my 5th refurb in the mail. eventhough i live in milwaukee, WI, where you should be eligible for an upgrade, i am denied because i started my plan in montana, where alltel remains for the moment. i mean com'on, they dont even have stores here! i am soooo fed up with alltel and their "skipped across the parking lot" (haha, i like that one) phones they keep sending me. they obviously wont let me out of my plan, and i dont really care about that, but it sure would be nice to get a phone that works. id probably pay the cancellation and go to VZN or sprint, but i have a usb aircard too so that gets rather expensive. does anyone have any advice for me? please help??? lol

also, does anyone know if i buy Droid outright 3rd party, will i have any problems getting it activated on my current alltel plan?
Old 01-20-2010, 01:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6800 > HTC Touch Pro (Alltel!) > HTC Incredible
Carrier: Alltel -> VZW

Ed Zachary is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregjuice View Post
...fed up with alltel and their "skipped across the parking lot" (haha, i like that one) phones they keep sending me. they obviously wont let me out of my plan, and i dont really care about that, but it sure would be nice to get a phone that works.
The "parking lot" phone, although branded Alltel, was shipped by VZW (we had been assimilated). I am guessing you are part of Alltel that was not part of the merger. I would suggest escalating up through management. If you are not getting the results you want from the person you are talking to, ask to speak to the manager. Go into "broken record" mode until you get transferred. During my hour-long call to VZW support, I repeatedly asked for "your supervisor" for five solid minutes until I was transferred. Five minutes may not sound like long, but it is an eternity when all someone says to you is "please let me speak to your supervisor".

BTW, VZW's plan is no great shakes compared to Alltel. Just look at all the posts here (including a couple in this thread) where people have stressed over wanting to keep their Alltel plans with VZW. VZW may have just dropped the prices on their voice plans, but data is still pricey.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:38 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake

Didn't read over thread but since I work for VZW my 2 cents. You can have droid and Alltel plan. Few things like Visual VM may not work but data will be good to go. Hope this helps.
~Mike

Old 01-21-2010, 02:11 PM
N00b

gregjuice is a n00b

ed zachary, i agree with everything you say. i dont mind alltel's plan, infact they have been great to me in that respect. i just expect a phone that actually functions correctly. i want to buy a droid outright 3rd party, but now alltel is telling me that my verizon phone will not work on "their" network (non-existant in my area). They are saying that the droid could be repetitively kicked off of their network. i ask them what they have to offer that is better than the Touch Pro, and i get silence.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:13 PM
N00b

gregjuice is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake View Post
Didn't read over thread but since I work for VZW my 2 cents. You can have droid and Alltel plan. Few things like Visual VM may not work but data will be good to go. Hope this helps.
~Mike
hey mike, if i buy a droid, do i just call and activate it with alltel, or does it need to be unlocked or something?

thanks!
Old 01-22-2010, 12:09 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregjuice View Post
hey mike, if i buy a droid, do i just call and activate it with alltel, or does it need to be unlocked or something?

thanks!
If your on SmartChoice Plan and I assume you are, then the answer is yeah you can just call in and do ESN change or via VZW.com!
~mike
Old 01-22-2010, 11:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Tour
Carrier: Alltel

JGKC9AYC is a n00b

Hi everyone. New here & cam across this post while searching for Droids for Alltel.
I'm in an area that wasn't affected by the merger & still has Alltel (Southern Illinois).
I've seen the commercials for the Droid & I know that the local Alltel store (or for that matter no Alltel store) doesn't carry them.
Since i'm never happy with the phones I get & am a sucker for nifty new phones, I just don't understand how you guys/gals are going through VZW to get these phones! I still have a year to do on my contract (signed up about a month and a half before they shortened the contracts to 1 year) but besides getting screwed out of the Affinity program, I still would like to stay with Alltel (I use the snot out of my BB Tour).
How do y'all do it??
Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid