PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 11:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

BryanGT is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Alltel Plan VS Droid

Quote:
Originally Posted by rune-san View Post
Can anyone please rehash on how this works?

I'm on Alltel in an ATN (Atlantic Tele-Networks) merger market. The merger hasn't been done yet here. I'm 8 months into my current contract. I'm on a Smart Choice 500 Family Plan (Plus additional data plan on second line).

If I could dump my Touch Pro and get a Droid I would in a heartbeat. But I *need* to stay with Alltel (Verizon costs waaay too much).

So is it possible for me to go to Verizon and get a Droid?
If you find a good CSR I don't see any reason you couldn't upgrade your phone. I went from a Alltel Buisness plan with 5 lines 4 with data/insurance and nothing changed when we added 2 droids 1 eris and 1 blackberry.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Alltel

rune-san is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to rune-san Send a message via Skype™ to rune-san

Would I simply talk to a Verizon CSR and tell him/her that I want to purchase a droid but don't want to leave my Alltel plan and want to renew my contract?
Old 12-02-2009, 12:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Moto Droid
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

lojack is a n00b

I am an alltel customer I just logged into my account online through verizon. Chose to upgrade my phone and simply was able to keep my old alltel plan and I got the 100 dollar instant rebate because I did it online. Conversely I talk to a CSR who would let me keep my alltel plan after I told her that I was told that I could keep it but she was going to give me a mail in rebate rather than the instant rebate so I just did it online.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

When I enter my account information into Verizon's "My Verizon" page it says I need to register, and when I go to register it tells me my number doesn't exist in the records
Old 12-02-2009, 03:32 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I was one of the Alltel customers that was absorbed into the Verizon buyout. I have never had any trouble with GPS or data, but there was about a 1 month period during the switchover where I was having a problem with dropped calls. I'm guessing it was part of the transition though because it went away and I've had excellent coverage on voice, 3G, and GPS ever since.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 12-02-2009, 03:34 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rune-san View Post
When I enter my account information into Verizon's "My Verizon" page it says I need to register, and when I go to register it tells me my number doesn't exist in the records
Just call them and ask for help setting up your "my verizon" account I had to have assistance when I initially set mine up as well.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

SO call for help setting it up, go online and do the upgrade, and I get the phone and simply activate it, then boom? I'm good to go with a Verizon phone on Alltel? That would be scweet.

I guess I'd have to exchanges through Verizon though :P
Old 12-02-2009, 10:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Droid

prochnow is a n00b

forgive me for running this off topic, but how did you get the online purchase to work. I've been working the site for a couple weeks but can't get anything but a new purchase or a full retail price. is there a code or something?
Old 12-02-2009, 08:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Threadstarter

InfamousHB is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by prochnow View Post
forgive me for running this off topic, but how did you get the online purchase to work. I've been working the site for a couple weeks but can't get anything but a new purchase or a full retail price. is there a code or something?
If you're eligible for upgrade and your plan is compatible it will allow you to get the phone at the discounted price. If not, it will ask you to add or change your plan.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:52 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: alltel - verizon

generic.imitation is a n00b

i have a touchpro 2 and i was stuck in 1x so i called vzw and complained for 2 days and they gave me a droid and an htc eris for my wife. her phone is the only one that cost money. 30 bucks. only phone i paid for was the touch pro 1 on alltel and got it switched to touch pro 2 and now come friday it will be a droid. i did have to switch to a verizon plan. only 4 bucks more a month for 200 more minutes. not too bad.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid