PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2009, 09:22 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Moto Droid Tips and Tricks - Ask Questions Here

Just use gallery or astro to view the pics in your wallpapers folder, then "set as" on the pic you wanna use.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 12-15-2009, 10:28 AM
Zombway: Eat Flesh
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP

i think i read somewhere the wallpaper default isn't a folder but a xml file with them all listed in it.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:49 PM
Lurker
Carrier: verizon

HTCIncognito is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: Moto Droid Tips and Tricks - Ask Questions Here

When using the on screen keyboard when you type "custom" words in before going on to the next word or space long tap the word in the suggestion line and it will save the word to the dictionary. Very helpful for all of the shorthand words we use like U for you and lol for well you get the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arelas View Post
I'm creating this to list the few tips and tricks we know for this phone. Hopefully we'll have root soon and the real fun can begin.

Soft Reboot:
Shift-Left Alt-Del....yes, it's that simple. Slide out the keyboard and hold down Shift (Key with arrow pointing at line), Left Alt, and Del (Backspace). The phone should now restart.

Recovery Menu:
With phone powered off, press X and Power. Wait until you see the screen light up, then press and hold Vol Up and Camera until the bootloader appears. You can load updates and hard reset from here.

Bootloader:
With phone powered off, press Up Arrow and Power.

Dial Pad Codes:
Open the phone dial pad. Dial *#*#INFO#*#*
This gives a lot of interesting stats and details.

Also, ##PROGRAM shows some cool stuff too.
Thanks, Nickels, for that info.

Improve the feel of the slider:
There is a sticker looking thing on the backside of the screen...remove it. It's similar to the other protective wrap that came on the phone. The slider will feel better now.

Media Dock / Car Dock Mode:
Want to access the Media or Car modes easily? It's done by presenting the back of the phone with a magnet. The polarity of the magnet determines the mode.

Wallpaper:
Resolution is 960x854. This accounts for the panoramic effect. To set a wallpaper, press menu while on the home screen, then choose wallpaper. From there you can set the wallpaper. You choices are limited here as you can only pick from the gallery and your photos. I use OI File Manager to browser to the image I want to use, and then press and hold for menu. Then choose wallpaper. When selecting wallpaper, you will notice it wants to crop the image. You can drag this box out to fill the whole image rather than cropping. If you used 960x854, the image will display perfectly.

That's all the interesting things I have for now. Let the games begin.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid

nerdherd is keeping up the good worknerdherd is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by arelas View Post
Improve the feel of the slider:
There is a sticker looking thing on the backside of the screen...remove it. It's similar to the other protective wrap that came on the phone. The slider will feel better now.
I'd say don't do this. The plastic thing makes the slider feel more secure to me. I already took mine off and now my phone slides open while in my pocket. It does slide a little smoother though.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:41 PM

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdherd View Post
I'd say don't do this. The plastic thing makes the slider feel more secure to me. I already took mine off and now my phone slides open while in my pocket. It does slide a little smoother though.
my battery cover kept popping off when i took it out of my pocket so i bought a clear blue snap on protector and that gives a little force to sliding open the keyboard maybe look into that if want to stop the sliding out?
Old 12-17-2009, 07:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid

nerdherd is keeping up the good worknerdherd is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0mbiexx View Post
my battery cover kept popping off when i took it out of my pocket so i bought a clear blue snap on protector and that gives a little force to sliding open the keyboard maybe look into that if want to stop the sliding out?
I've never been into cases. They make the phone a little too bulky for my liking because I generally carry it in my pocket. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid / Omnia II
Carrier: The Dark Side

parkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Posted this elsewhere, figured it belonged here as well:

The best tip I found was the to create a file in notepad and name it .nomedia without any extensions. After you do that connect your phone and mount the SD card. Copy the .nomedia file to any folder that contains media you don't want to show up by default in the various media players (i.e. not wanting ringtones to be included in the media player when playing music, or random saved images from various apps showing up in the gallery)
Why donate to one person, when you can support the site that makes it all possible instead

This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkjam View Post
Posted this elsewhere, figured it belonged here as well:

The best tip I found was the to create a file in notepad and name it .nomedia without any extensions. After you do that connect your phone and mount the SD card. Copy the .nomedia file to any folder that contains media you don't want to show up by default in the various media players (i.e. not wanting ringtones to be included in the media player when playing music, or random saved images from various apps showing up in the gallery)
thats exactly what i wanted. doing a period before the folder name would make it invisible to the gallery but also Astro File Manager too.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid / Omnia II
Carrier: The Dark Side

parkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0mbiexx View Post
thats exactly what i wanted. doing a period before the folder name would make it invisible to the gallery but also Astro File Manager too.
Actually, you can set Astro to view hidden and system files, but your not renaming the folder. Just put a file in the folder called .nomedia and the gallery and media player won't display anything in that folder, but you can still browse to them in Astro and manually play the media and view the pics.

EDIT: Astro setting is in menu/more/preferences/look and feel. There's a check box there for display hidden files.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:27 PM

i tried the hidden files things in Astro and still wasn't showing but with a .nomedia works fine

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid