PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 03:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

tmoney7mile is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Moto Droid Tips and Tricks - Ask Questions Here

I hope that this forum influences others. I have the HTC hero and got hold of a verizon Droid. I love this phone, but I also like the sprint service. As a business customer I have 32 lines and it is too much to change service providers. Is there anyway to unlock this phone and use it on sprint? Thank you in advance...
Old 02-09-2010, 11:19 AM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

im trying to get better battery life ideas please
Old 02-09-2010, 12:22 PM
Droidgeek
Pocket PC: Rooted MotoDroid w/mish mash of ROMs
Carrier: Verizon

banden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuff

madcook: Widgets and screen brightness are the two biggest culprits. If you lower your screen brightness and remove most of your widgets you should see a substantial improvement in your battery.

Also, sync/push services such as Exchange email/calendars, twitter, facebook will also consume battery at a regular rate.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid

gardobus is becoming a great contributor

GPS kills it for me. I always keep the power widget somewhere so that I can quickly disable/enable gps because it kills my battery.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid A855
Carrier: Cricket

XSYLUS is a n00b

I've read that people have been able to tether palm devices to an razr via bluetooth and get internet on the palm, is there a way to do that with the Droid? I have my old phone still activated on Cricket and don't want to activate my Droid on Cricket until the EVDO solution becomes available so I was thinking if I could pair my Droid and Razr via bluetooth and then somehow get the Droid to use the internet service that would hold me over while I'm waiting for the evdo solution. Basically bluetooth tethering or bluetooth ICS. Any information on this would be much appreciated.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: motorola droid
Carrier: verizon

Jenny712 is a n00b

Hi I'm Jenny. I just join hoping to get some help for my moto droid. Does anyone know how I can sync some pictures from my comp to my phone...Please help!!!
Old 03-02-2010, 01:11 AM
Droidgeek
Pocket PC: Rooted MotoDroid w/mish mash of ROMs

banden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny712 View Post
Hi I'm Jenny. I just join hoping to get some help for my moto droid. Does anyone know how I can sync some pictures from my comp to my phone...Please help!!!
Assuming you're using Windows, when you use the USB cable that came with the phone to connect to the computer, the computer should prompt you to install the software. If you let windows look online it will find the necessary drivers.

Once that's done, when your phone is connected to the computer, you'll have a notification on your phone that it's connected. Drag down your notification window on the phone and select "USB Connected" then select "Mount".

As soon as that's done, your computer should have a popup that tells you there's a new device and asks you what you want to do. Select open folder to view files.

Once that's done you'll be able to drag and drop from the memory card to the computer and vice versa.

Good Luck!
Old 03-02-2010, 02:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid

dutch169 is just getting started

Why is it when you open up gallery you get pictures and all pictures and the same with video. I did what parkjam said but still getting the same thing. I think I'm overlooking something small but just cant see it.

If it helps my gallery say all pictures with a camera and pictures with a file on it

Last edited by dutch169; 03-02-2010 at 03:15 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid / Omnia II
Carrier: The Dark Side

parkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Dutch, if you are still seeing the pics from folders with a .nomedia file in them, you have messed up and probably have an extension like .txt on the file. In windows, choose folder options on the file explorer window, and then clear the checkbox that says "hide extensions for known filetypes".
Why donate to one person, when you can support the site that makes it all possible instead

Old 03-03-2010, 01:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid

dutch169 is just getting started

Hate to be a pain in the ass but that didnt work. I think my main problem is that I am totally new to this and have no idea what I am doing. As I said I did what parkjam said and followed your new advice. Maybe I am not explaining it or describing it right. I have a 4 tile icon with a small camera icon on it displaying 4 pictures all pictures. Next to it I have the same but with a file folder on it titled pictures. The smae applies to my videos. My sd card looks like this:
sd/DCIM (contains a .thumbnails folder with thumbnails of all my pics and a 100Andro file that is empty)
sd/pictures (contains all my pics and a folder named .thumbnails containing thumbnails of some my pics just like above)
sd/videos (contains my vids nothing else in the folder)
I inserted the " . " where they where supposed to go to hide the files I don't want to be seen. Am I overlooking something easy or am I a complete idiot.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid