PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2009, 05:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid / Omnia II
Carrier: The Dark Side

parkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Moto Droid Tips and Tricks - Ask Questions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0mbiexx View Post
i tried the hidden files things in Astro and still wasn't showing but with a .nomedia works fine
Glad I could help. I can't remember where I found that, but it was driving me nuts because the RSS app I use caches pics to the SD card and they were always showing up in my slideshow! Plus it sucks when your playing all your music on random and all of the sudden some random ringtone comes at ya!
Why donate to one person, when you can support the site that makes it all possible instead

Old 12-22-2009, 04:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 - CM11
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

arelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Sweet! I'm going to add this to the first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkjam View Post
Posted this elsewhere, figured it belonged here as well:

The best tip I found was the to create a file in notepad and name it .nomedia without any extensions. After you do that connect your phone and mount the SD card. Copy the .nomedia file to any folder that contains media you don't want to show up by default in the various media players (i.e. not wanting ringtones to be included in the media player when playing music, or random saved images from various apps showing up in the gallery)
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon (frmr Alltel)

garyr2548 is becoming a great contributor

Ok, stupid question time here....... Ok, so I was messing with the .nomedia file and went a little overboard. On my pc I put it in the .thumbnail folder because bluerss downloads files into the thumbnail folder and I dont want to see all those stupid graphics..... but the problem is that the gallery program would not show any lies now. So i deleted the file using my pc but still no change. I cant find the .thumbnail folder in Astro so was hoping that someone can point me in the right direction so I can verify it is gone from my phone. Thank you in advance!

edit- ok well I guess it decided to work as soon as I unplugged my phone from the the computer. So thanks for anyone who read this and thinks about responding.....

Last edited by garyr2548; 01-01-2010 at 07:15 PM. Reason: figured it out.......
Old 01-01-2010, 07:11 PM
Zombway: Eat Flesh
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP

mount the sdcard and make sure hidden folders and files can be viewed on the pc and then if you don't see it its gone.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon (frmr Alltel)

garyr2548 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0mbiexx View Post
mount the sdcard and make sure hidden folders and files can be viewed on the pc and then if you don't see it its gone.
Thanks for the quick reply. I edited my post and the issue seemed to fix itself once I unplugged the usb cord. Thank you!
Old 02-01-2010, 05:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

91ludesit is keeping up the good work91ludesit is keeping up the good work

Does anybody know how to hard reset? My droid should be here this week, but I want to make sure to hard reset out all of their crap.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:13 PM
Droidgeek
Pocket PC: Rooted MotoDroid w/mish mash of ROMs

banden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuff

Well, a hard reset is just removing the battery; however reset to factory requires that the phone be shut off completely, then hold the x button down then pressing and holding the power buttion, and don't release either until you see an exclamation mark on your screen. At that point hold the volume up and tap the camera button.

This will get you to the recovery screen where you can perform a full factory reset/wipe. Be warned though, you'll still have all the standard apps. The only way to disable standard apps is to root the phone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Blaqdymun is keeping up the good workBlaqdymun is keeping up the good workBlaqdymun is keeping up the good work

Is there a way to change touch sensitivity to where one can use fingernails instead of just fingertips?

Old 02-03-2010, 09:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid

gardobus is becoming a great contributor

Nope, the capacitative touch screen senses your bodies energy which won't go through your nail, it needs your fingers touch.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid

phazedoubt is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arelas View Post

Improve the feel of the slider:
There is a sticker looking thing on the backside of the screen...remove it. It's similar to the other protective wrap that came on the phone. The slider will feel better now.

Note: Some have said this makes the slider open in their pockets easier.
i can't believe i didn't notice this... DOH!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid