PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2009, 10:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon

JonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Moto Droid Tips and Tricks - Ask Questions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by naskarl View Post
Any word on when/if it will get Slingbox?
No but I'm also anxiously awaiting. Actually I use mobile sling more in the summertime so I'm not dying without it but I like it anytime just for programming my DVR remotely. I've gone to their site and written the perfunctory letter requesting it and gotten the perfunctory reply that they are always looking to support popular devices. A few people have discussed it on their forum also but I sure haven't heard anything beyond that.

Hoping that the quick 1,000,000 units sold helps prod development. Perhaps it wouldn't hurt for more folk to use the Contact link at slingmedia.com to let them know there's a market waiting on them.

SlingPlayer and C-Api's XM app are the only things I am missing from my WinMo device.

Last edited by JonV; 12-10-2009 at 10:40 AM.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: droid
Carrier: verizon

techchallenged is a n00b
Saving current location on Google Maps

Does anyone know if I can save my current location on the map? All I want to do is save my existing location (somehow) on the GPS map (like you would with a regular GPS device). Tried everything but as my name implies, I am technically challenged. LOL.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 - CM11
Threadstarter

arelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Not yet, but soon. Now that we have root, a custom kernel can be compiled to add iptables support. Once we have this, one of the existing apps for the G1 can be ported and we'll have internet sharing via wireless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naskarl View Post
Is there a free wireless hotspot creating tool or only pdanet?
Old 12-10-2009, 09:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DROID

jrodizzkool01 is keeping up the good workjrodizzkool01 is keeping up the good work

how would i do a screenshot on the droid? i cant seem to find an application that will allow me to do one

Last edited by jrodizzkool01; 12-11-2009 at 01:36 AM.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:29 PM
N00b

jester2043 is just getting started

+1 for the screenshot app, and +1 for making this a sticky
Old 12-10-2009, 10:56 PM
Zombway: Eat Flesh
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP

last i read you need root for the screenshot apps on the market to work.. or a home replacement that has it built in.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid

nerdherd is keeping up the good worknerdherd is keeping up the good work

The only way you can do a screenshot (for now) is to download the Android SDK and use one of the tools called DDMS. Read about it here: http://developer.android.com/guide/d...ools/ddms.html
I'm anxiously awaiting a root that is fully functional so we can actually take screenshots right on the phone (not to mentioned WiFi internet sharing...)
Old 12-11-2009, 09:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdherd View Post
I'm anxiously awaiting a root that is fully functional so we can actually take screenshots right on the phone (not to mentioned WiFi internet sharing...)
From what I have read you already can assuming you have rooted your phone of course.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 12-11-2009, 10:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 - CM11
Threadstarter

arelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yes I have. I have noticed the same thing with my exchange connection. I haven't nailed down the cause for this yet but it seems to happen when the phone hasn't been rebooted in a while and lots of programs are open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester2043 View Post
Thank you. I will give it a try. Also if you use Gmail have you noticed that sometimes it will push out right away and other times it will take awhile to get?

Last edited by arelas; 12-11-2009 at 10:31 AM.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:50 AM
N00b

JDown24 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Moto Droid Tips and Tricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshefke View Post
To set custom notifications and ringtones using mp3 and wave files you download, create the following directory structure on your memory card

/sdcard/media/audio/alarms
/sdcard/media/audio/notifications
/sdcard/media/audio/ringtones

Make sure that you create them all with lower case letters since this is Linux based and is case sensitive.
This worked great for sorting my music files and ring-tones to display in the proper settings for "ring tones, alarms, etc.." However, is there a way to do this for wallpapers also? Its getting a little annoying having to scroll through 200+ pics to chose from 20 or so wallpapers i have downloaded.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid