PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Moto Droid (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   Moto Droid Tips and Tricks - Ask Questions Here (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=97121)

Retired Marine 12-06-2009 10:13 PM

Re: Moto Droid Tips and Tricks - Ask Questions Here

I used 000000 for the SPC password with success here. Interesting stuff in there!

Retired Marine 12-07-2009 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arelas (Post 1337837)
Soft Reboot:
Shiftl-Alt-Del....yes, it's that simple. Slide out the keyboard and hold down Shift (Key with arrow pointing at line), Alt, and Del (Backspace). The phone should now restart.

I just tried this and found that the right Alt key won't do it, but using the left Alt key works. Can't tell if I did something different try the right Alt key, but I couldn't get it to work in any sequence using the key, and using the left Alt key worked first try.

arelas 12-07-2009 09:41 AM

Yeah...I figured that out too. Apparently the correct key combo is:

Shift + Left Alt + Del

I'll update the first post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retired Marine (Post 1392861)
I just tried this and found that the right Alt key won't do it, but using the left Alt key works. Can't tell if I did something different try the right Alt key, but I couldn't get it to work in any sequence using the key, and using the left Alt key worked first try.

jester2043 12-09-2009 09:30 AM

I searched as best I could so I apologize if the answer is around here somewhere, but how do you get your unread email and SMS count to show up on the actual icon? When I get emails/sms it only shows up in the toolbar. I searched the market and didn’t find anything that anyone said worked properly. The only suggestion that I saw was to use the “mail” icon instead. I set that up but still didn’t have a count appearing. Is there a setting for this somewhere?

Please Help! And thank you in advance!

banden 12-09-2009 11:52 AM

Jester,

I don't think that functionality is available yet. It would really need to be done through a widget methinks.

arelas 12-09-2009 04:33 PM

I agree...It's a job for a widget.

I use Handcent SMS for text messages. It comes with a 1x1 widget that does this. Hopefully as these devices get more popular, we'll see more stuff like this.

mickeyx323 12-09-2009 05:27 PM

Is there anyway to sticky this post? Its one of the most informative post and probably one that most people will refer to.

naskarl 12-09-2009 07:18 PM

Is there a free wireless hotspot creating tool or only pdanet?

naskarl 12-09-2009 07:22 PM

Any word on when/if it will get Slingbox?

jester2043 12-10-2009 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arelas (Post 1399795)
I agree...It's a job for a widget.

I use Handcent SMS for text messages. It comes with a 1x1 widget that does this. Hopefully as these devices get more popular, we'll see more stuff like this.

Thank you. I will give it a try. Also if you use Gmail have you noticed that sometimes it will push out right away and other times it will take awhile to get?