PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Moto Droid (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   Moto Droid Tips and Tricks - Ask Questions Here (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=97121)

bewza 11-28-2009 10:56 AM

Re: Moto Droid Tips and Tricks - Ask Questions Here

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickles (Post 1362924)
open the phone dialpad .. dial *#*#INFO#*#*
gives lot of interesting stats and details.

also ##PROGRAM shows some cool stuff too.

Does it contain "prl upload" sub-menu?

arelas 11-28-2009 01:01 PM

I've found so far that Open Home isn't playing very well with the clock and weather widgets. Both Beautiful Widgets and Weather Widget Donate both seem to make it want to force close often, even when it's just running in the background. Techguru, I switched back to GDE and got things set up like I want them and it's running well now. I guess I gave up on it too soon. I switched the transitions to normal because rotate is still a little choppy and fade causes graphical glitches from time to time, especially in landscape mode. It's now actually smoother than stock 2.0.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dB Zac (Post 1352616)
open home works fine for me. I did have some issues but it was an app I installed after open home. I removed it and open home is fine again

Quote:

Originally Posted by techguru (Post 1356253)
When did you try GDE? There was an update last week that helped stability very much. Once in a great while (every few days, usually when I am trying to do a bunch of things really quickly) I get a force stop, but it comes right back up.

Alan

arelas 11-28-2009 01:02 PM

If you don't mind, I'm going to add this to the top post.

Quote:

iamrobk 11-28-2009 07:35 PM

Quote:

Odd that it says "GSM Service: In service" and "GPRS service: connected" right on top of "Network type: CDMA - EvDo rev. A" haha

stroudie88 12-02-2009 05:46 AM

Do the alternative home apps give you more than 3 home pages?

blazingwolf 12-02-2009 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stroudie88 (Post 1379223)
Do the alternative home apps give you more than 3 home pages?

Yes. Some only do 4 screens while others do up to 7.

Nickles 12-03-2009 01:19 AM

Severely missing the scroll wheel of my old Titan, i am now pleased as punch to learn that (while using the Dolphin Browser), the volume rocker can be used to scroll up and down !!!

thirsch2 12-03-2009 04:29 AM

Re: Moto Droid Tips and Tricks

Quote:

Originally Posted by mshefke (Post 1338229)
To set custom notifications and ringtones using mp3 and wave files you download, create the following directory structure on your memory card

/sdcard/media/audio/alarms
/sdcard/media/audio/notifications
/sdcard/media/audio/ringtones

Make sure that you create them all with lower case letters since this is Linux based and is case sensitive.

Wait how do i set this up? through the sd card or phone, and when clickin on sd card do i create an sd folder and then just the subfolders within? thanks for help in advnce

arelas 12-03-2009 11:05 AM

Re: Moto Droid Tips and Tricks

It would be easier to do it from the computer and mount the SD card as a drive. You could also use ASTRO or OI File Manager to make the folders.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thirsch2 (Post 1382214)
Wait how do i set this up? through the sd card or phone, and when clickin on sd card do i create an sd folder and then just the subfolders within? thanks for help in advnce

Sarge, USMC 12-03-2009 11:08 PM

ask questions.....ok.

I put my photos on the SD card.......when I go to the gallery it shows me 2 folders with the same pictures. One has a plain file folder in the bottom right corner of the icon and the other has a file fiolder with a circle on it. Anyone know what this is all about?

Also....##PROGRAM is ##7764726 and when I try to dial it it asks for an SPC password.
the other one is *#*#4636#*#*.....that one works.