PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 11:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

bruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I knnow why my Droid's eye is RED

Because it stands for Red Eye of Death!

I had the Hero for a month and end of the first week I was on a business trip and I power cycled the phone and when it came up it said no service and multiple power cycles later the cell service would not connect and I would get tons of force close errors for the background processes.
I happened to be near a best buy so i stopped in and looked up a hard reset. After hard reset it was fine. Over the following 3 weeks I got maybe 1 spontaneous reset a week, which was troubling but I attributed it to the system restarting to clear out memory to update apps or something, although there obviously should be a dialog to inform you of that.. Other than that the Hero performed excellent.

For the last 4 days on the droid it has performed well but i get about 2 spontaneous resets a day and this morning i got an email from someone who I emailed last night where the email they receieved from me was full of about 2 pages of alpha characters that didnt make sense. I clicked reply and flipped out the keyboard and as it went to landscape the screen blanked and rebooted then the eye came up and never went away. Several battery pulls and 15-30 mins of staring at the eye I felt like I was back on my POS Touch Pro and I wanted to throw the effer out the window. 200 apps on my Ipod Touch 2g used extensively by my 3 & 5 yr old and I and never a freeze, reboot or hard reset. WTF
Old 11-12-2009, 12:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

jnngill is a n00b
Re: I knnow why my Droid's eye is RED

Exchange it. From what I have read some of the phones had a rebooting issue. Mine did so I exchanged it on Sunday and it hasn;t reset once since.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Iphone

bennysangel is keeping up the good workbennysangel is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnngill View Post
Exchange it. From what I have read some of the phones had a rebooting issue. Mine did so I exchanged it on Sunday and it hasn;t reset once since.
Mine rebooted and flicked also plus I had a bad headphone jack. VZ exchanged no problem. Haven't had one issue since. FLAWLESS!
Old 11-12-2009, 01:17 PM
Lurker

kaylesworth is a n00b

Get it exchanged. The first phone Verizon activated for me had the reboot issue right in the store. They exchanged it and have not had any issues since.
Old 11-14-2009, 05:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Ranger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Ipod Touch Doesn't have a phone radio.... Iphone 3g's and the 3GS they freeze ALL THE TIME. My sisters does and so does my friend. I'm enjoying my Touch Pro 2 No freezes what so ever with Mighty Mikes ROM
Old 11-17-2009, 12:04 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger093 View Post
Ipod Touch Doesn't have a phone radio.... Iphone 3g's and the 3GS they freeze ALL THE TIME. My sisters does and so does my friend. I'm enjoying my Touch Pro 2 No freezes what so ever with Mighty Mikes ROM
I don't know about "ALL THE TIME," but my iPhone is definitely not without lockups.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

bruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuff

Quote:
I just cant get over the bad experiences I had with the Touch Pro 1 which permanently drove me away from Winmo. With the Hero, Eris and Droid I just love the battery life. I can go out and about all day and night use it more than normal and not worry about the battery running out, whereas many times I would put the TP in my pocket and do nothing at all and within the hour i would feel a hot phone in my pocket and it would have low batt warining abd beep every 30 secs even after dismissing the alert. I also tried literally hundreds of custom roms over a year. Android 2.0 or 1.5 w/sense still has it's issues, but it is light years better than winmo 6.5 and the crappy gaggle of apps available for it....

BTW have had my replacement droid for a few days with same software installed and no reboots at all.

Hoping HTC passion is released before Dec 11th!
Old 11-18-2009, 07:34 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceo View Post
Hoping HTC passion is released before Dec 11th!
Yep! I'm absolutely lovin this Droid, and the Passion would have to be mega awesome to make me give up the google navigation, but it would be stupid to not at least check it out in the store if it comes out before my 30 days is up with the Droid.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 11-23-2009, 07:09 PM
N00b

Windsponge is just getting started

Quote:
My I phone 3gs and 3g both froze up. Many issues with 3gs. there were 3 updates. I love the droid I sold both Iphones just this weekend I have had droid since 6th. To me it is all I need in phone.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid