PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2009, 11:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: MP6900AL - Vogue
Carrier: Alltel

talk2nate is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to talk2nate
December 11th soft/firm updates

Ok everyone.. got us the list of changes that will be going down next month.. did my best to keep all information seperated the best I could. I'll keep everyone posted if I hear of more changes.

Category: Applications
Subcategory: Non-VZW Branded Applications

Google Maps can take several minutes to display the proper location and may be inaccurate when initially started. Accuracy can be improved by enabling GPS satellites by pressing the MENU button, select Settings, select Location & security settings and then select Use GPS satellites.
NOTE: Enabling this setting will have a negative impact to battery life.
Subcategory: VZW Branded Applications
Wi-Fi access for Visual Voice Mail is currently not supported.

Subcategory: Activation/Over the Air Software Upgrades
Customers moving from a BREW device who subscribe to notifications (alerts) will need to have BREW block enabled to prevent notifications from being delivered to the device.
The Over the Air software updates will not display the maximum time required.
When using Factory data reset to initialize the device, it can take several minutes to complete. The reset will complete in the background.

Subcategory: POP3 Email
Yahoo email accounts are not supported.

Subcategory: Exchange Active Sync
The initial sync after an Exchange Active Sync account is created can take up to 15 minutes. In order for the calendar to be synced the first time, the customer must open the Corporate Calendar application.
Exchange Active Sync email cannot download attachments greater than 10MB.

Exchange Active Sync emails forwarded from the device are sent as EML attachments. EML is a common email file format. This may be blocked by some corporate IT security polices.
You cannot search Exchange Active Sync emails and calendar events.

Subcategory: Media
There is no stop button for the music player. Customers must press Pause and then Back or Home to exit.

Category: Messaging

To forward a message, press the message to access the individual message from the threaded view. Press and hold the message you wish to forward. The Message options are displayed which include Forward.
To send videos via MMS, you can use either of these options:
Video Camcorder Options: Video quality set to Low (for MMS messages) and Video duration set to 30 seconds (for MMS).
Messaging Composer: Options => Attach => Capture video.
When entering in message text, the character count is not displayed until the first segment (160 characters) is filled.
Pictures taken in portrait mode are rotated 90 degrees when sending via MMS.
There are no callback numbers extracted for messages received from vtext.com.
EMS is not supported, SMS messages in excess of 160 characters are converted to MMS messages.
JPG images in MMS sent from vzwpix.com are displayed as a slide show.
SMS and MMS message priority indications are not supported.

Category: Operation
The device will power on when connected to a charger.
There are separate volume settings for on call, ringer and media playback.
If a customer places 3 or more calls to the same number, the number will be automatically added into the Favorites contact section. This is indicated by a gold star.
Known Issues

Category: Accessories

If a 2.5 mm headset adapter is connected to the A855, with no wired headset connected, when the adapter is disconnected the Media Player is launched.

Short term work around: The customer needs to ensure that the adapter and headset are removed at the same time.

Planned Resolution: A fix for this issue will be included in a maintenance release of software for this device. The target date for the next release of software is December 11, 2009.

Category: Applications

Subcategory: Non-VZW Branded Applications
Exchange Active Sync Email: Personal folders and subfolders are shown on the same level, e.g. they are not nested.
Short term work around: There is no known work around.

Planned Resolution: A fix for this issue will be included in a maintenance release of software for this device. The target date for the next release of software is January 22, 2010.

Exchange Active Sync Email: Sending is done in the background, but no visible icon or notice is displayed to the customer.

Planned Resolution: A fix for this issue will be included in a maintenance release of software for this device. The target date for the next release of software is December 11, 2009.

Exchange Active Sync Calendar: Editing recurring appointments with large invite lists can cause a lock-up.

Short term work around: Have the customer use their PC or web application to edit recurring appointments. The customer can power cycle the device to recover.

Planned Resolution: A fix for this issue will be included in a maintenance release of software for this device. The target date for the next release of software is January 22, 2010.

Exchange Active Sync Email: You cannot accept a calendar appointment received via email.

Short term work around: The customer can accept or decline the meeting invite by accessing it under the Corporate Calendar application.

Exchange Active Sync/Google Mail: Messages sent from the A855 only support picture attachments, no other types of attachments are supported.

Subcategory: VZW Branded Application
Visual Voice Mail: On some occasions, notifications of new messages may be delayed.

Category: Bluetooth
Videos Transferred via Bluetooth to the A855: The video information screen will contain an incorrect date and/or time. NOTE: To view the date/time, go to the Gallery and select Bluetooth. Press and hold a video until the Video options are displayed and select Details. The time and / or date stamp will be incorrect.

Category: Call Features - 3 Way Calling
This feature does not work in select markets where the user has to press Send first to initiate a 3 way call. The device currently does not support the Send key FLASH function.

If a Call Waiting call is received prior to the 3 Way Call, 3 Way Calls cannot be established for the duration of the call.

Short term work around: The customer will need to end the call and retry the 3 way call.

When a 3 Way Call is established, the UI still shows an option to + Add call. Selecting this soft key while on a 3 way call will have no effect.

Messaging Character Count: When entering in message text, the character count is not displayed until the first segment (160 characters) is filled. The display will first display XX/1, until 11 characters are entered. The customer will then see 144/2, which will decrease as characters are entered.

Incorrect Message Delivery: Very intermittently, if a contact has the area code enclosed with parentheses, the destination number area code maybe replaced with the sender's area code. This can also occur with 7 digit mobile numbers. Message delivery failures can occur.

Short term work around: Remove all parentheses associated with the area code from the customer's contacts. All 7 digit contact numbers must be changed to include the area code.

Contact Transfer: Contacts cannot be transferred via Bluetooth.
Short term work around: Customer content (non-DRM or protected) and contacts can be transferred via the Cellebrite tool.

Initial Activation & Incoming Calls/Messages: It can take up to 3 minutes before an incoming call can be answered or messages received. Outgoing calls can be placed and the customer can also send messages.
Short term work around: After the activation is complete, power cycle the device.

Camera Auto Focus: Intermittently, pressing the camera button half way results in red corner lines. This is an indication that the auto focus was not successful.

Short term work around: Auto focus may take more than one attempt.

Far End Echo: The calling or called party to/from a Motorola A855 may notice their voice being echoed back into their earpiece.
Short term work around: The customer will need to power cycle their Motorola A855.

~ PPC6800 (Titan) ~ MP6900AL (Vogue) ~ PPC6850AL (Touch Pro) ~ Samsung Omnia i910
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:59 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: December 11th soft/firm updates

Thanks for the update, it's kinda nice to know what they are already working on and what we'll have to wait for. Glad to see they are already working on the camera software

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 11-09-2009, 01:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

forgot to remove the yahoo email not supported line.. It had strike on it but when I copied and pasted strike was removed. (strike means it was already fixed)
Old 11-09-2009, 02:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

Isror is becoming a great contributor

Any word on the users having text issues, where it won't allow you to enter a reply and if you keep trying, it tells you "Activity Messaging (in application Messaging) is not responding"
Old 11-09-2009, 09:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid

ronaldheld is just getting started

Thanks for the update notice.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isror View Post
Any word on the users having text issues, where it won't allow you to enter a reply and if you keep trying, it tells you "Activity Messaging (in application Messaging) is not responding"
That acctually happens once in a blue moon on my phone now. I've had my Droid since Saturday of last week (oct31) .. I haven't seen any update fixes or response to this problem yet. But I'm sure the list is just the things they found the first pre-release week from people like me having it early.

If your local Verizon store isn't lazy you can have them fill out a Known Product Issues ticket for your problem. Once enough of them get filed the problem gets address rather quickly.

I'll be sure to report back if I hear of anymore updates.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

Isror is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by talk2nate View Post
That acctually happens once in a blue moon on my phone now. I've had my Droid since Saturday of last week (oct31) .. I haven't seen any update fixes or response to this problem yet. But I'm sure the list is just the things they found the first pre-release week from people like me having it early.

If your local Verizon store isn't lazy you can have them fill out a Known Product Issues ticket for your problem. Once enough of them get filed the problem gets address rather quickly.

I'll be sure to report back if I hear of anymore updates.
Thanks! Awesome job with the update postings as well.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

ironi is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by talk2nate View Post
Exchange Active Sync/Google Mail: Messages sent from the A855 only support picture attachments, no other types of attachments are supported.

that's a long wait for something this essential. (at least it's essential to me, since i use my phone for business and have to occasionally send .doc attachments). i did find a work around for this, but unfortunately it's not free. You can purchase "Documents To Go" from the app store. it lets you read PDFs, read and edit MS Office files and also integrates into the email client to allow attachments. cost me $20, but it was that or going back to winmo.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

ironi is just getting started

actually, i just found another way, that's free. download Linda file manager. it has a "send to" menu and you can choose the "email" option. works just fine.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid 2

whopper68 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to whopper68

would it be a safe bet to just wait till december to pick one up after these updates are applied?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid