PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Moto Droid (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   No MMS to Straight talk phones (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95366)

qquag 11-08-2009 11:40 AM

No MMS to Straight talk phones

I have been unable to get mms to a straight talk phone with the Droid but straight talk phone is able to send me mms how ever seems standard txt messages have no problem. Any one else having this problem? I have contacted vzw support and they put in a trouble ticket.

talk2nate 11-08-2009 11:43 AM

Re: No MMS to Straight talk phones

By straight talk phone are you just simply meaning regular cell phone?

qquag 11-08-2009 11:56 AM

Straight talk is a New Cell service partnered with tracphone and Walmart. they are a prepaid phone for $45 unlimited service talk text pic and internet. They also run on the vzw network so you get great coverage. Nice little phone for my girl friend. I have a blackberry for work that works fine for mms with her and it also on the vzw network but for some reason the droid keeps giving me invalid address I am typing in all 10 numbers and it still errors out.

ironi 11-09-2009 03:13 PM

has verizon gotten back to you about this? i have the same problem when i try to send an mms to my girlfriend. it goes through fine when i send to my friend's iphone, but when i try send to my girl on verizon, i get a message about an invalid address. i know there's a bug that will make the mms screw up if the contact's number has parentheses in it, but removing them did not help in my case.

qquag 11-09-2009 05:59 PM

They said it could take up to 7 days I will post back when I hear from them.

talk2nate 11-09-2009 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qquag (Post 1313154)
They said it could take up to 7 days I will post back when I hear from them.

ah ya.. if they said 7 days that means they opened you a network trouble ticket.. the other day when I called in the wait time was 6 day average :/ Let me know what you find out and I'll do some more digging.

qquag 11-10-2009 12:18 PM

Ok here is what I found out. I got a call back from there tech support and was told that there is a problem with some cache files that don't clear even after a reboot or change the phone number, this is because of the Threaded Text message. If you put in a phone number and use any type of "-" or "()" when you enter in the phone number this will put it in permanently into this cache file. The only way to fix it is to Reset the phone like it was new. then make sure in your gmail account there is nothing extra in your phone number.

If this helps you out please hit the thanks button....

qquag 11-10-2009 12:19 PM

This is supposed to be fixed in the first update. At least that is what he had said...

ironi 11-10-2009 10:39 PM

hey, i just got it to work. first, i edited the contact's phone number to not include parentheses around the area code, now it's formatted as xxx-xxx-xxxx. then, i went to messaging, deleted the message thread i had earlier created with the failed mms message. opened advanced task manager and killed the messaging app. closed the task manager, opened the messaging app and sent the mms again. it worked.