PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2009, 08:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
? for those of you that have one.

does the moto droid do video out like the touch pro series phones? example, can i store a video to the SD card and use a cable to watch it on my TV?
Old 11-07-2009, 09:33 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylt1
does the moto droid do video out like the touch pro series phones? example, can i store a video to the SD card and use a cable to watch it on my TV?
probly not cuz htc uses a prioritary usb port called ext usb! it has more pins then normal usb and that allows it to have video out and audio out!! summular to how hdmi standard 1.4 can do ethernet

Old 11-07-2009, 10:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: vogue/titan/omnia/ sprint touch pro gone vzw
Carrier: vzw

angel12 is becoming a great contributor
Re: ? for those of you that have one.

Yeah, i dont think it has video out. as far as i know, no android phones have video out, HTC phones might.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

No video out.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 11-08-2009, 01:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN
Threadstarter

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

well damn, thats a BIG strike against it for me. wonder if VZN is going to pick up an HTC android phone and if that will have video out?
Old 11-08-2009, 06:55 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

There IS video out, but only if you have a Playstation3 I havent tried it yet though as my Droid doesnt arrive till Monday , but the SD card is FAT32 format which the PS3 reads, you should be able to just plug it in to your PS3 and watch or play whatever is on the SD card. I know thats not what you're looking for, but it's something.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 11-08-2009, 09:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
There IS video out, but only if you have a Playstation3 I havent tried it yet though as my Droid doesnt arrive till Monday , but the SD card is FAT32 format which the PS3 reads, you should be able to just plug it in to your PS3 and watch or play whatever is on the SD card. I know thats not what you're looking for, but it's something.
Don't have a PS3 to test this.

Great avatar.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid

Humpa is keeping up the good workHumpa is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to Humpa

FYI, the A855 mounts and shows up fine in the PS3 and works normally, so videos play fine from the mounted Droid.

There is even a folder that the Droid creates by default for camera videos, and the PS3 sees that folder by default and calls it "Digital Camera Movies". I assume the PS3 does that when it sees a DCIM folder, and perhaps a certain sub-directory.

Last edited by Humpa; 11-08-2009 at 11:27 AM.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: MP6900AL - Vogue
Carrier: Alltel

talk2nate is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to talk2nate

I've got movies playing with Act 1 Video Player on my Droid.. MP4 format .. perfect DVD quality with the exception of me lowering audio quality since its pointless on my phone. Still is crystal clear though.

Coverted the videos with WinAVI video converter software. Getting the correct MP4 quality was a bit of a bear so that the videos don't lag on the phone. -- I will admit Coreplayer on my WM Touch Pro was a lot easier to deal with..

~ PPC6800 (Titan) ~ MP6900AL (Vogue) ~ PPC6850AL (Touch Pro) ~ Samsung Omnia i910
Old 11-08-2009, 12:04 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingwolf View Post
Great avatar.
Thanks . I photoshopped the background to the same color as the forum so it looked more integrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humpa View Post
FYI, the A855 mounts and shows up fine in the PS3 and works normally, so videos play fine from the mounted Droid.

There is even a folder that the Droid creates by default for camera videos, and the PS3 sees that folder by default and calls it "Digital Camera Movies". I assume the PS3 does that when it sees a DCIM folder, and perhaps a certain sub-directory.
Awesome news, thanks for testing it out for the rest of us. I'm wondering what other peripherals this can be "mounted" to to get video to our TV's. There have got to be dvd players and cable boxes and DVR's and such that you can plug into to get video to the TV. Need to do more searching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by talk2nate View Post
I've got movies playing with Act 1 Video Player on my Droid.. MP4 format .. perfect DVD quality with the exception of me lowering audio quality since its pointless on my phone. Still is crystal clear though.

Coverted the videos with WinAVI video converter software. Getting the correct MP4 quality was a bit of a bear so that the videos don't lag on the phone. -- I will admit Coreplayer on my WM Touch Pro was a lot easier to deal with..
Thanks for the update on the Act 1 player. The developer of that app was on the Androidforums recently saying he was hoping to have full compatibility for the MotoDroid before Monday, apparently he was successful. Just curious why you chose WinAVI over the more popular Handbrake (more popular on the androidforums at least). Now that you have it figured out is it going to be easy to convert Movies for it in the future? If so do you mind sharing your findings as far as what setting produced the best results with WinAVI?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid