PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Moto Droid (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   ATTN: Privacy Protector RECALL (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95193)

talk2nate 11-07-2009 10:21 AM

ATTN: Privacy Protector RECALL

If anyone purchased a privacy protector yesterday with their Droid PLZ return to your local Verizon and have them swap you for regular screen protectors! The Privacy protectors were recalled about an two hours after the stores opened yesterday due to them causing the screen not to function or by making the phones shutdown.

Privacy Protector is the same price as the 3 Pack of Screen Protectors. If you got one go swap.

Verizon doesn't know when they'll get a fixed version of the privacy protector.

blazingwolf 11-07-2009 10:40 AM

Re: ATTN: Privacy Protector RECALL

Quote:

Originally Posted by talk2nate (Post 1306720)
If anyone purchased a privacy protector yesterday with their Droid PLZ return to your local Verizon and have them swap you for regular screen protectors! The Privacy protectors were recalled about an two hours after the stores opened yesterday due to them causing the screen not to function or by making the phones shutdown.

Privacy Protector is the same price as the 3 Pack of Screen Protectors. If you got one go swap.

Verizon doesn't know when they'll get a fixed version of the privacy protector.

Interesting. I got one and it works just fine. Though the top corners don't stick like they should.

talk2nate 11-07-2009 11:00 AM

Yup - but if you goto Verizon you'll see they no longer have them forsale because of this flaw.

blazingwolf 11-08-2009 12:17 PM

I checked with my VZW store and the manager there says there is no recall on them and that they are still for sale. He had heard of some issues with them causing touch issues but that was it.

QrafTee 11-08-2009 04:33 PM

I can't find any mention of the recall anywhere... the only thing that comes up when I Google it is... this post.

talk2nate 11-08-2009 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QrafTee (Post 1309763)
I can't find any mention of the recall anywhere... the only thing that comes up when I Google it is... this post.

Just go in your local verizon store and ask.. they recalled one of the motorola droid holsters yesterday too.. You won't find this info online - only in your verizon store.

Spr0ckEt 11-08-2009 11:18 PM

Yeah, God forbid any information was on the internet... Sounds like YOUR store took them off the shelf because someone cried about them. I think there would be a little info on the interwebs if this was a recurring issue...

talk2nate 11-08-2009 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spr0ckEt (Post 1310668)
Yeah, God forbid any information was on the internet... Sounds like YOUR store took them off the shelf because someone cried about them. I think there would be a little info on the interwebs if this was a recurring issue...

lol .. call customer service and ask rather than argue with me.. Trust me they were pulled.

blazingwolf 11-09-2009 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talk2nate (Post 1310653)
Just go in your local verizon store and ask..

I did. They said there was no recall.

mad3963 11-09-2009 12:50 PM

Saw a couple customers come into the VZW store (Reynoldsburg, Ohio) on Friday with this issue, while I was waiting to get my DROID.