PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2009, 11:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Singer_Actor is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Moto Droid or Eris??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdude5 View Post
i disagree sense is sooo much better than stock android..ie multitouch, flash player, widgets, social network integration and overall look...but anyways if you do like stock better you can always turn off HTC's sense through the application manager

and plus the eris will be getting 2.0 before the end of this year, htc is working on overlaying eclair with sense so that is going to be awsome
yes I did hear that which is why im leaning toward the eris big time. I feel like Ill be missing my flash, and my keyboard a bit because im used to my touch pro, but I think ill be much happier with the interface, especially when they upgrade it to android 2.0, which i heard should be here within the month!
but I think im going to dish out the extra 70$ and get a 1 year contract. Android phones seem very promising and just keep getting better so Im gonna spend that extra $70 so i can get a shot at the sale prices for next years line of phones which should be amazing!
Old 11-08-2009, 12:11 PM
.:DoWorkSon:.
Pocket PC: .:OD:.Incredible:.DroidX:.iPhone4:.ThunderBolt:.

GrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to GrandMasterB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singer_Actor View Post
yes I did hear that which is why im leaning toward the eris big time. I feel like Ill be missing my flash, and my keyboard a bit because im used to my touch pro, but I think ill be much happier with the interface, especially when they upgrade it to android 2.0, which i heard should be here within the month!
but I think im going to dish out the extra 70$ and get a 1 year contract. Android phones seem very promising and just keep getting better so Im gonna spend that extra $70 so i can get a shot at the sale prices for next years line of phones which should be amazing!
Thats a wise decision. I will never sign a 2 year contract again. 2 years is WAY too long to be stuck with any device no matter how cool it is now. You'll be money ahead in the long run and be getting a new phone every 10 months. Or you can be like me and stagger 3-4 lines so you get a new phone every 3 months lol.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Eris
Carrier: verizon

aleis is keeping up the good workaleis is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMasterB View Post
Or you can be like me and stagger 3-4 lines so you get a new phone every 3 months lol.
doing this right now
o` and go eris!!

Phandroid!
Old 11-09-2009, 06:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Droid

IbenJakinov is a n00b

If you have a family share plan with Verizon and get 2 droids, do you need a separate data plan for each, or will the $30 Web & email plan cover both phones?
Old 11-09-2009, 06:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbenJakinov View Post
If you have a family share plan with Verizon and get 2 droids, do you need a separate data plan for each, or will the $30 Web & email plan cover both phones?
You will need a data plan for each line.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Droid

IbenJakinov is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingwolf View Post
You will need a data plan for each line.
Does that go for all smartphones? What about on other networks besides Verizon?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid