PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2009, 11:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: vogue/titan/omnia/ sprint touch pro gone vzw
Carrier: vzw

angel12 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Got my droid early!

Wal Mart was selling them early in my town, got mine. Awesome phone, except that it keeps rebooting very randomly. even after a hard reset. uggg.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

nemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to nemanracing
Re: Got my droid early!

Grats, I've hand my hands on a few demo units and have yet to see them reset on their own... Hopefully its not a big issue... On a side note, battery in to full power up is less than 30secs which is nice...
History:XV6850 WM6.5,PPC6850 WM6.5 on VZW,XV6850 WM6.1/Telus Radio,VZW Omnia,XV6900 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6800 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6700 WM6,Samsung i760,Moto Q9m,Moto Q,XV6700,VZW Treo 700WX,Treo 700W,Samsung i730,XV6600,Treo 650,Treo 600,Kyocera 7135
Old 11-06-2009, 12:51 AM
.:DoWorkSon:.
Pocket PC: .:OD:.Incredible:.DroidX:.iPhone4:.ThunderBolt:.
Carrier: Verizon

GrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to GrandMasterB

So what do you think so far? Better than the TP2? I am getting ready to relock my TP2 and return it for the Droid tomorrow but I want to be sure I am making the right choice
Old 11-06-2009, 01:04 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

ChansteR390 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMasterB View Post
So what do you think so far? Better than the TP2? I am getting ready to relock my TP2 and return it for the Droid tomorrow but I want to be sure I am making the right choice
To be honest, I do not see what you have to lose. Hardware, specs and software are far beyond anything on the TP2 (unless you love WM and TF3D 2.5) but yep.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:14 AM
.:DoWorkSon:.
Pocket PC: .:OD:.Incredible:.DroidX:.iPhone4:.ThunderBolt:.

GrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to GrandMasterB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChansteR390 View Post
To be honest, I do not see what you have to lose. Hardware, specs and software are far beyond anything on the TP2 (unless you love WM and TF3D 2.5) but yep.
I am quite fond of WindowsMobile to a certain degree but today it has been nothing but a pain in my @$$ and I am ready to call it quits. I asked for a sign and my TP2 has given me nothing but grief today. lol. I cant even begin to tell you the problems I have had today with it, its bizarre...
Old 11-06-2009, 04:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

joe50000 is a n00b

I was considering the same move, but there are many things that bother me about the Droid:

Sub-par keyboard. It looks and feels like the keyboard in the original Touch Pro and earlier HTC products. Considering how much time they had to develop one, and look at what other companies were doing.

I don't like Android.

It seems like the are a lot of aspects of the phone that would wear on me over time - like the sub-par multimedia capabilities, weak keyboard, and apparently weak call quality, which to me, sort of defeats the point of getting a phone. Call quality on my TP2 is amazing.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

Isror is becoming a great contributor

Well I just paid the full $559 for my Moto Droid, and to be honest so far, worth every cent. I still have my TP2 but I think the GF will be getting that. The moto droid operates smoothly, the weight IMO is a big plus, it makes the phone feel really sturdy in your hand, the display is beautiful, call are crisp and clear. I'm going to miss loading Mighty Rom, but this is really nice.

I was going to hold off, but then I saw that the HD2 won't be coming out for CDMA (no Verizon in other words) so I made the jump to Moto Droid. Really happy so far.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: vogue/titan/omnia/ sprint touch pro gone vzw
Carrier: vzw
Threadstarter

angel12 is becoming a great contributor

Well, after playing with it all night, i still love it and as nemanracing said, boot only takes about 20-30 seconds, so the reboots arent too annoying, and are now settling down. Hopefully this just stops, if not, will return for another one.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid

ronaldheld is just getting started

Got mine about an hour ago. Too soon to form an opinion.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Iphone

bennysangel is keeping up the good workbennysangel is keeping up the good work
Red face Re: Got my droid early!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMasterB View Post
Go for it GrandMasterB. I picked mine up this morning @ 9 and I must say I absolutely love it. I haven't had a chance to really dig in and play but it is a very solid phone. The keyboard is great too. I am in absolute awh about it and all of my co-workers are jocking it. The GPS alone blew their minds. I was waiting on the O2 but I feel so much better jumping ship. I was scared at first because I have been a WM user for about 3 yrs and I was nervous. Don't be do it!!!! I know going to change signature now to DROID!!!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid