PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 03:46 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Droid vs. iPhone head to head video

It's a long watch at 17 minutes, but a good unbiased comparison (by an iPhone owner even).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9YGvLHvUxQ

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 11-03-2009, 07:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre,HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

smoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to smoove21
Re: Droid vs. iPhone head to head video

lol I'm guessing you created this thread because of the discussions of my thread?? Instead of focusing on the review of the droid we began passing judgment and comparisons to the iphone.
Playstation 3/Xbox360/Wii/PC..Which is best? Join the debate!>> http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=112741
Old 11-03-2009, 01:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: N/A

QrafTee is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoove21 View Post
lol I'm guessing you created this thread because of the discussions of my thread?? Instead of focusing on the review of the droid we began passing judgment and comparisons to the iphone.
How can you not compare it to the iPhone? If you're going to create an ad to attack the iPhone; you better bring in the big guns.

Both phones don't have flash? I thought the Droid was supposed to have Flash 10.

In any case, I might still buy the Droid. I mean by February I will know if they have found a solution to the limited installable apps issue--let us install apps to the microSD card.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:02 PM
That guy with the axe
Threadstarter

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Nah, you had nothing to do with it, I've hated the iPhone for quite a while. The iPhone OS doesnt even deserve to be called an OS, it's basically just an app launcher. I stumbled across that video last night and so far thats been the best video I've seen of someone using the Droid. We didnt begin passing judgment and comparing it to the iPhone btw, Verizon started that.

Last edited by breakmyfootoff; 11-03-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:04 PM
That guy with the axe
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QrafTee View Post
Both phones don't have flash? I thought the Droid was supposed to have Flash 10.
Supposedly the Droid is flash ready, so even though it hasnt had it in the reviews, it will have flash10 soon.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:43 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Props to the droid on this comparison. It stacked amazingly well against the iphone on all tests. Draw after draw on the tests that droid wasnt the victor. Glad theres a device to directly attack apple that can actually back it up unlike the instinct...
Old 11-03-2009, 08:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre,HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

smoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to smoove21

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
Nah, you had nothing to do with it, I've hated the iPhone for quite a while. The iPhone OS doesnt even deserve to be called an OS, it's basically just an app launcher. I stumbled across that video last night and so far thats been the best video I've seen of someone using the Droid. We didnt begin passing judgment and comparing it to the iPhone btw, Verizon started that.
lol wow you really hate the actual device or are you like me and hate the reviewers that make each new iphone iteration above all phones like they're on steve jobs' payroll. I swear they never say that the iphone is old tech. They act like there aren't other phones that are fast,or have great camera features copy and paste, video recording or multitouch. Every review of every device that has the same features as the iphone always come in second. Never does a device do one single thing better when compared apples to apples. Then when a device comes along that has a feature the iphone its never done well enough. I respect it as a device but it does have many flaws but they (reviewers)always downplay them. Not a single review is different. Don't get me wrong I respect the device and what it does but it was only revolutionary with the original. As far as the other two, how can adding a 3g radio or making the phone faster still get the same if not better reviews the second and third time around. but I never really thought about it but I do agree, it (iphone) is nothing more than an app launcher. So does this mean it really isn't an os? it doesn't multi-task because the software was only built to run apps? wow I view the device at a completely different angle now..

Last edited by smoove21; 11-03-2009 at 09:01 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:09 AM
That guy with the axe
Threadstarter

Quote:
lol wow you really hate the actual device or are you like me and hate the reviewers that make each new iphone iteration above all phones like they're on steve jobs' payroll. I swear they never say that the iphone is old tech. They act like there aren't other phones that are fast,or have great camera features copy and paste, video recording or multitouch. Every review of every device that has the same features as the iphone always come in second. Never does a device do one single thing better when compared apples to apples. Then when a device comes along that has a feature the iphone its never done well enough. I respect it as a device but it does have many flaws but they (reviewers)always downplay them. Not a single review is different.
Exactly . It's nice to feel like someone understands where you're coming from . Since the hype and fanboys surrounding the iPhone seem to be so extreme I tend to be "fanboy" for everything that isnt iPhone lol. It is pretty much just an app launcher, with just one program from WM (Ultimate Launch) you can mimic the iPhones entire OS lol.

Last edited by breakmyfootoff; 11-04-2009 at 12:13 AM.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:16 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: N/A

QrafTee is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
Exactly . It's nice to feel like someone understands where you're coming from . Since the hype and fanboys surrounding the iPhone seem to be so extreme I tend to be "fanboy" for everything that isnt iPhone lol. It is pretty much just an app launcher, with just one program from WM (Ultimate Launch) you can mimic the iPhones entire OS lol.
Although what you're saying is basically true, you still have to give props to Apple for including the hardware to back up the phone. What I'm confused about is why other manufacturers don't step it up and come up with even better hardware. I know they will in 2010, but c'mon man... don't let the competition ride the high-end devices train alone for a whole year and wonder "Why is it so popular?"
Old 11-04-2009, 12:23 AM
That guy with the axe
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QrafTee View Post
Although what you're saying is basically true, you still have to give props to Apple for including the hardware to back up the phone. What I'm confused about is why other manufacturers don't step it up and come up with even better hardware. I know they will in 2010, but c'mon man... don't let the competition ride the high-end devices train alone for a whole year and wonder "Why is it so popular?"
I agree 100%. Why the hell did they not put Snapdragon in this phone? Unless they release a "Droid 2" in a few months it'll be left in the dirt by all the Snapdragon devices that are just around the corner. I know I'm already looking past the Droid, I think there's an HTC Passion in my future .

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid