PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2009, 09:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre,HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

smoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to smoove21
Exclamation Motorola Droid Review!!

here you are folks hit the link for the info http://www.engadget.com/2009/10/30/m...-droid-review/
Playstation 3/Xbox360/Wii/PC..Which is best? Join the debate!>> http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=112741

Last edited by smoove21; 10-30-2009 at 09:26 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

smoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuff
Re: Motorola Droid Review!!

no multi-touch(at the moment),not too high quality pics, keyboard takes getting used to and android 2.0(eclair) isn't too different from 1.5or1.6.. Not my words, this is according to this particular reviewer.. Have to wait until other reviews are released. This one wasn't too in depth in my opinion. However based on this review do you think its met the hype? Why/why not? Also is it the best android phone available(when its realesed) even better than the hero??
Old 10-30-2009, 10:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Xv6900
Carrier: Verizon

Jaxx10 is a n00b

I also read that the android cant play off the sd card... so u cant install game on that ...i called verizon to verify and they told me the are still wokring on the final product ..!? huh ?? this phone comes out next week ... i think she just didnt know and dindt want to sound stupid ... lol .... well i hope they come up with a way to utilize the mem card better
Old 10-31-2009, 12:41 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

so she tried not to sound stupid but yet she ended up sounding REALLY supid? ha
Old 10-31-2009, 04:07 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Multi-Touch is advertised in their interactive website, they better get that going or there is going to be some backlash. Also kinda disappointed that it has a smaller processor than first thought. I'll have to try it in person to see if it's everything its supposed to be.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 10-31-2009, 04:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I agree,verizon is marketing this phone as the best thing since sliced bread. How can you have that commercial talking about the things the iphone can't do when most of its features aren't crushing other phones in its own android pool(hero).
Old 10-31-2009, 05:12 PM
That guy with the axe

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I do have to say it's got some pretty innovative things though

Dual processors (one for voice, one for data) so your data connection doesnt get cut off when you receive a call

Slim design, especially considering it's a slider with full keyboard and is just barely thicker than the 3Gs

Flash 10

And it has a 3.7 inch WVGA screen compared to the Hero's 3.2 inch HVGA screen. I would have to assume multi touch would be available by release since it's an advertised perk of the phone. I dont know if it's going to be as good as they're making it out to be, but I still would have to say it's better than the Hero.

Last edited by breakmyfootoff; 10-31-2009 at 05:14 PM.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I can't say its better until I use one..the reviewer said it was kind of sluggish so those processors for voice and data makes me wonder how much slower the device would be if I were to browse the internet while in a call.. However I'm interested in the device because of the screen size. I feel no keyboard(hard) can top htc's designs. Guess I'm going to have to take a wait and see attitude.once we get some hands on time with the device,I'm sure opinions whether good or bad, will have to be adjusted.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:07 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

im lookin forward to checkin it out on the 6th. highly doubt i will make a change but i am intrigued none the less.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:54 PM
That guy with the axe

I'm kind of interested in it too, but I know I'm not going to get it. There's no way I'm gonna buy a phone with a 550mghz processor when I know Snapdragon is right around the corner. It's bringing some good things to the market, but I'm not sure why they didnt put the faster processor in

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid

Tags
android, droid, motorola, review