PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2009, 09:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Sprint

damion4355 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Official Motorola Droid ad from VZW

VZW has posted an ad for the new Droid including countdown!

http://www.droiddoes.com/

More info: http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/10/17...otorola-droid/
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6900
Carrier: Verizon

GBH2 is a n00b
Re: Official Motorola Droid ad from VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by damion4355 View Post
VZW has posted an ad for the new Droid including countdown!

http://www.droiddoes.com/

More info: http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/10/17...otorola-droid/
Wow, that's quite an add. Verizon is really taking the gloves off.

I have been planning to stick with WinMo but this add makes me want to take a good look at the Droid.

For Verizon to have the balls to put out an ad like this it better be one hell of a device. Even running Android, without Snapdrgon, Tegra or some other Cpu/Gpu upgrade I just don't know how amazing it is going to be.

Edit: After some additional reading it is rumored that the droid is powered by the TI OMAP3430
Wow, this is really starting to look interesting!

Last edited by GBH2; 10-18-2009 at 03:19 PM. Reason: extra info
Old 10-18-2009, 04:06 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Android looks REALLY good, the only thing that turned me off Android initially was the 3.2 inch HVGA screens, but it didnt take long for them to move to the larger WVGA screens . Looks like I might have to start reading up more on Android

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 10-18-2009, 06:33 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I saw that ad several times on either CBS or FOX football coverage today. Nice ad.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:12 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

yea i saw it during the games 2day too, i wont be going to android anytime soon but i love the balls verizon suddenly has!
Old 10-18-2009, 08:23 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Thinking about ditching winmo myself but unfortunately the only droid phone sprint has is the hero at this point.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:16 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I bet it wont be long before sprint picks up one of the better Android devices though.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:18 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

im waiting for the HTC Dragon.... i bet it should be the Hero's replacement when it reaches EOL
Old 10-18-2009, 11:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Xv6900

Jaxx10 is a n00b

*drool** my contract expired and due for a new signup and new phone ... tp2 or this new droid !??! what u guys think ?? i read that they supposed to have this unvailing on 010/30 1am !!?!?! hmmm what to doo ?!?! i was planning on buying the tp2 tmo (10/21)can i hold out?!!? decisions, decisions!!!
Old 10-19-2009, 02:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

Isror is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxx10 View Post
*drool** my contract expired and due for a new signup and new phone ... tp2 or this new droid !??! what u guys think ?? i read that they supposed to have this unvailing on 010/30 1am !!?!?! hmmm what to doo ?!?! i was planning on buying the tp2 tmo (10/21)can i hold out?!!? decisions, decisions!!!
I'm in the same boat...I might be able to get a TP2 tomorrow, but now with this ad coming out and Verizon being the pirates they are not giving a for sure release date (I'm still trying to decipher the Predator digits in the countdown on the ad page) I'm getting more and more angry with Verizon each and every day.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid