PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 06:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

willywonkaisrsh is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New. Please help...

Just got a Droid off ebay. It came with 2.2 already installed. I didnt know if it was rooted or not so I rooted it using "Soup or Root 2.04." I then proceeded to install CyanogenMod using this guide. I skipped the first part about a backup because there was no need. I then started following the steps for SPRecovery install. But during instillation RSD Lite would get to 100% and say "Please manual power up this phone" and just sits there. So I found this guide that said that was normal sometimes and to just power the phone off and back on. When I did, RSD Lite finally said "Pass."

However....

Now my phone is acting crazy. It says the battery is dead and there is no service. After unlocking it just goes to a black screen and says "Android System." Sometimes it displaya message "Proccessing system not responding." It went from randomly restarting to now it just turns off after awhile. If I plug the phone up it still tells me to plug up the charger.

Can someone please help me. I am freaking out that I only had the phone for an hour and now its screwed. I am new to all this rooting stuff and thought I had followed the directions perfect. One thing I did notice is that the guide for installing CyanogenMod says that it was for installing from a stock 2.1 device. Does that make any difference? I stopped trying to install CyanogenMod after this happened. Should I keep going. Please tell me I didn't brick my phone.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New. Please help...

Can you get in to recovery mode? Power on while holding the X button of the keyboard. If you can do this then you can flash another ROM.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid